Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Sympa

Default Connection / Force Quit Problem

As soon as I connect to the server Ventrilo Force quits itself. If it doesn't force quit itself then in about 5-10 minutes it'll force quit and bring up the apple error report dialogue. Help?

Keep in mind I have done complete uninstalls and reinstalls of Ventrilo Including all preference files.

Last edited by Sympa; 04-20-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Sympa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Sympa

this is the line of code that pops up from console describing the problem. Help!

My configuration settings are all correct for the server I am connecting to. I am also not banned or anything like that and when starting up ventrilo and not connected to the server this is the message that appears. MSG: Server is available. Press Connect.

4/20/08 9:51:05 AM com.apple.launchd[67] ([0x0-0x4d04d].com.ventrilo.Ventrilo[415]) Exited abnormally: Bus error

Last edited by Sympa; 04-20-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
wadesworld

Three possible causes:

1) Headset driver causing problems. Try a different headset or try without a headset and just listen.

2) Bad memory in the machine. Pretty unlikely, so the last one I would troubleshoot.

3) Corrupt system install.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Sympa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Three possible causes:

1) Headset driver causing problems. Try a different headset or try without a headset and just listen.

2) Bad memory in the machine. Pretty unlikely, so the last one I would troubleshoot.

3) Corrupt system install.
The 'headset' being used is an Isight and the problem occurs even when I am not speaking. I'll give it a shot though when I get home. If it is a corrupt system install - how do I go about fixing it?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Sympa

Oddly enough - When i select the isight as the output device the application will log in and work temporarily. But then shut down about 5 minutes later.

So the problem with the program starting up seems to be linked with the mic for sure, I'm just not sure how.

As for the app force quitting itself later on I'm not sure. here is a quote from console on the force quit about 5 mins through.

4/20/08 7:55:31 PM com.apple.launchd[71] ([0x0-0x7d07d].com.ventrilo.Ventrilo[542]) Exited abnormally: Bus error