Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
johnk

Default Voice speed decreased by 100% when using vent.

Hey,

I have been using vent for about 6 months on a bootcamp macbook from 2006 with realtek audio drivers.

Now I bought a new macbook pro which have Cirrus Logic HD audio drivers. If I pull up normal XP sound recorder program I hear my voice in normal speed when testing microphone. IF I start ventrilo and enable outgoing voice communications and do a test recording on XP sound recorder program my voice speed is decreased. Luckily that program has an increaser of 100% in effects settings and that turns my speech recorded back to normal.

This also happens when I play Lord of the Rings online without ventrilo on - it seems that when there is two applications wanting to use the mic it decreases like it splits up as in Vent + (normal windows use) or LOTRO + (normal windows use) so I know it might not be vent specific but I thought there might be someone out there experiencing the same and could help?

Maybe a way to turn off something.
johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

wow, i didn't know cirrus logic was still around.

can you post pics of all settings in the cirrus audio manager program, if there is one.

in vent and LotR, did you set the input/microphone device to the cirrus name
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
chL41

I have the exact same problem, has anyone found a solution? Even more weird, the first day I installed vent it worked fine and the next day (and thereafter) I got this problem. Thanks.
chL41 is offline   Reply With Quote