Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
sujak

Default USB Headset & Sound

Well this did happen to me but I fixed it "accidently too" When I was using my USB headset something with the codec was changed so all the sound was played threw the headset. This is how I got it to work for me, I can't gaurentee if for you though.
I'm using Mac OS 10.4.3
I closed ventrilo, took out my headest. Clicked on Garage Band, then open up QuickTime and see if your sound is finally back!
After this when I started up ventrilo kept my Garage Band open and this seemed to do the trick, I can still use ventrilo, and the sound comes out the normal built-in speakers or headphones. I still use the same USB Headset and it hasn't screwed anything yet.
I only opened up garage band once, and kept it open while i used ventrilo once and this seems to have fixed my problem.
sujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
wadesworld

Are you sure the output device didn't just get changed?

Wade
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
sujak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld
Are you sure the output device didn't just get changed?

Wade
The output prefrences did get changed when the USB Headset was plugged in and ventrilo "found it" because no sound would go to the main speakers, but only the USB Headets. I couldn't find any other way to fix this. I've tested ventrilo on my eMac with the Mic and it had no problem with sound.
sujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
FortuneRazor

The problem I have with my eMac is that I set everything in Ventrilo to my USB headset and yet all incoming audio goes through the built-in speakers.

I have to set my System Sound Preferences to the USB headset to get the incoming audio though the headset, but I get all other audio through it as well (game sounds, music, etc.).

Help???
FortuneRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
gramathy

Currently Vent doesn't support sending audio to a seperate device, and all output goes through the same one. This will be changed in an upcoming release (i believe Flagship didn't have a USB audio device to test it with is why.)
gramathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
FortuneRazor

Thanks for the response.

I look forward to the next release.
FortuneRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
PopeZaphod

I highly recommend the free program Detour by Rogue Amoeba. It lets you send audio output to any connected device. I have WoW coming from my speakers and Vent coming from my Logitech headphones:

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/detour/
PopeZaphod is offline   Reply With Quote