Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Ravnested

Default Ventrilo freezes when i try connect/click setup

As i wrote my vent freeze when i try connect and press setup. It's running on Vista 64x, one week old computer, and it's surely able to handle this program.

Anyone there have seen or heard about the same stuff as this?

Hope some one can help

/ Ravnested
Ravnested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
mjgraf

http://www.ventrilo.com/faq.php#misc2
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
trianglemoon

I'm having the same problem, but on Vista x86. The ctrl-setup troubleshooting step does NOT resolve my problem.

Thoughts?
trianglemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
matthew25

Default Computer lags up when Actually connect to ventrilo

I got to keep clicking the connect button till eventually it actually connects. So other words it does not connect on the first try to the server. Once it actually connect its lags up seriously, computer get really slow, but still able tomove mouse around. Eventually can hear the people talking its so far behind due to horrible lag. I've tried everythign even bought a registry clean to clean my files and it's still doing it. I've updated my sound card which I'm using a realtek HD sound. I know when i first installed ventrilo way back when i started playing WoW vent worked perfectly fine. now nothing. Please tech support someone something tell me what is causing this and how to fix it.
matthew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
nicmanity

well my problem is that when i click connect to any vent server it freezes for like 30seconds and then im in everything working fine but the freezing part just makes me want to explode. Also, same as the setup whenever i click setup it takes 30 seconds to load it up and i ask my friend if there having the same problem and there like no i just click it Bam im there so im like what? always freeze whenever i click setup and close setup which is very annoying. Please anyone can help please tell me thank you
nicmanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

all -

make sure you have to latest sound driver.
  • If you have a brand-name PC, like Dell or HP, then check the manufacturers website for driver updates.
  • If you built the PC and use the on-board sound device then check the motherboard manufacturers website for drivers for your model motherboard.
  • If you use a plug-in soundcard, like SoundBlaster, then check that manufacturers website for drivers.
try temp disabling all firewall/virus apps

make sure your router firmware is up to date. check the manufacturers website for you make/model

try powering off the modem-router-pc (in that order) for at least 60 seconds each (this will clear all cached data)
if you're running vista, goto c-panel/user accounts and try turning off 'user account control'
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
†69th†Venum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
all -

make sure you have to latest sound driver.
  • If you have a brand-name PC, like Dell or HP, then check the manufacturers website for driver updates.
  • If you built the PC and use the on-board sound device then check the motherboard manufacturers website for drivers for your model motherboard.
  • If you use a plug-in soundcard, like SoundBlaster, then check that manufacturers website for drivers.
try temp disabling all firewall/virus apps

make sure your router firmware is up to date. check the manufacturers website for you make/model

try powering off the modem-router-pc (in that order) for at least 60 seconds each (this will clear all cached data)
if you're running vista, goto c-panel/user accounts and try turning off 'user account control'
Have tried all of this - plus the ctl setup trick - I don't have power dvd or anything like that. FRESH install of windows - worked for 3 days - no new programs installed - just started doing this.
†69th†Venum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
m4keyourself

Has anyone figured this out yet?! I have Windows 8.1 and my Vent literally takes 1.5 minutes to log into a server. It will lag out and replay half of the sign-in sound over and over again for a minute and a half. It's really frustrating. GET THIS FIXED. My old computer didn't have this problem. AND IT WAS OLDDDDDDD.
m4keyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #9
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@ m4keyourself

vent works fine on 8.1. but let's take a look at your system setup. can you post the following plz:

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Click the 'Save All' button
File is saved to the desktop as "DxDiag.txt"
Copy/paste the information (up to, and including, the [PS/2 Devices] section) to the forum. The information might have to be separated into multiple posts due to the maximum character limitation.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
m4keyourself

@ Prog-Rocker

Thank you sir, your assistance is very much appreciated.

Here is the full file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjs58irdok...xDiag.txt?dl=0
m4keyourself is offline   Reply With Quote