Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Marlahoover

Default lobby name change and channel admin listing

I need to give officers the ability to move users from one channel to another.

The lobby does not show up in the channel listing in user editor, it is the main default channel and where I they will most likely have to move them from.

Can I make a different default channel instead of the root, IE, my vent's name. Can I rename it from marlahoover's to lobby and create it as default. How can i give my officers access to moving people from the root channel if it is not considered a channel?

TY
Marlahoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
mjgraf

only full server admins can move users from the lobby.
if you do not want this, then you will need to create a new channel and configure the user profiles to automatically join to this channel as the default channel.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
tb123

if you have people log in as a guest .. change the guest account so there default channel is "Lobby 1" then the "channel admin" can move people from that channel to another channel (that they are the admin of )

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37108

this will help
tb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
D33IV11

To give officers the ability to move users from one channel to an other go to user editor click on their name then go to the admin tab and check "move users" (left side 6 down).

To have guests log into the lobby by default go to user editor then go to the network tab, then change the default channel(all the way on the bottom) to "none."
To make a different default channel go to the same steps but instead of selecting "none," select the channel you want them to join in by default.

You have to rename the lobby's name in the "Ventrilo_serv" folder (there might be two folders with that same name make sure to change the one with "[Server]" on the very top), you change the lobby name by changing what is after "name=" then go to file and save after you renamed it.

EDIT:
whoops didn't realize how old this post was... sorry

I have no idea why it was first on my unread list...

Last edited by D33IV11; 11-21-2012 at 03:17 PM.
D33IV11 is offline   Reply With Quote