Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 10-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Morgan_G

Default Can't Transmit: Episode 2

So here's a new variation on the "I can hear my teammates, but they can't hear me" Ventrilo problem.

I've followed all of the tech support advice for checking boxes in the Universal Access settings and whatnot.
I operate a MacBook Pro with OS 10.4.8, and use a USB headset.
When I run Ventrilo and the Ventrilo window is on top of my desktop, my teammates can hear me when I use my PTT button.
HOWEVER, when I switch back to playing World of Warcraft (thus pushing the Ventrilo window under the WoW window), suddenly my teammates can't hear what I say anymore -- I'm guessing that something about the program is preventing acknowledgment of me pressing my PTT button). I've tried every other strategy for fixing this -- buying a new mic, turning up the volume, changing the PTT key, etc. Those are definitely not the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Morgan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
wadesworld

The only time I've experienced the problem is when I've unplugged my USB headset and forgotten to change the input device selection in Ventrilo. When the wrong device is selected, the icon won't turn green when the push-to-talk button is pushed.

What button are you using for push-to-talk?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
Morgan_G

Default Can't Transmit

Like I said, it is not an issue with the mic, since my teammates can hear me when the Ventrilo window is on top. No, I did not accidentally unplug my mic, and I've never needed to make any device selection in setup to get the PTT button to work -- when the Vent window is on top.

I use the '\' button as my PTT key, but as I already said, it is not an issue of the button, since I've tried changing it to other buttons (none of which are bound as hotkeys in WoW).

The problem is simply a matter of which window is on top, and I'd like to be able to speak on Vent *while* playing WoW.
Morgan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
wadesworld

Quote:
The problem is simply a matter of which window is on top, and I'd like to be able to speak on Vent *while* playing WoW.
If "Enable access for assistive devices" is enabled in the Universal Access Preference Pane and "Enable Outgoing Communication" and "Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey" are enabled in Ventrilo setup, then it should work.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote