Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
Goose89

Default Tritton 720+ Mic not working.

Been a while since I've used Ventrilo, and I recently got a new headset (Tritton 720+). I have updated drivers, updated Ventrilo for a 64bit system.
The headset works flawlessly for Skype, Mumble, and voice recording. But for Ventrilo I can't get the mic to pickup at all. I've fiddled with Input/Output/Mixer in every combo I can, the monitor still only picks up 0's.
I've reinstalled, rebooted, run in administrator and have found nothing that works.

I couldn't find any post with a similar problem like mine. Hope there is just some cheesy easy fix I've missed.
Goose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

does your icon turn green when keying up?

in vent setup, set the input device to the triton mic name

set outbound amplifier to 0

clik the 'test' burron, hold the ptt key, talk, then release and listen to playback. how does it sound

on vent main window at bottom, is 'mute mic' box checked?
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:57 AM   #3
Goose89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
does your icon turn green when keying up?

in vent setup, set the input device to the triton mic name

set outbound amplifier to 0

clik the 'test' burron, hold the ptt key, talk, then release and listen to playback. how does it sound

on vent main window at bottom, is 'mute mic' box checked?
Already set the Input to Tritton mic, outbound amp is 0, When I click "text" and hold PTT while talking, nothing comes back. I can use the mic on my webcam just fine, but the mic on my headset gives me nothing. It work's in Mumble/Skype just fine. And no I am not muted.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

ok, lets try this test setup:

do this for the recording devices.

Disabling non-essential Audio Devices - Vista/Windows-7/8

Windows Control-Panel > Sound > Playback & Recording tabs > rt-click in the window and select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" > rt-click on all unused devices and select "disable"

then select the triton mic and clik 'properties'. goto each tab and disable any enhancements. on the advanced tab, try setting the frequency to the lowest available.

if triton provides an audio control app, check there for any options on the mic. once we get it to work you can then re-enable the option setting.
-----

in the vent dropdown box for the input, is there only one selection for the triton mic?

-------
can you also post the following plz:

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Click the 'Save All' button
File is saved to the desktop as "DxDiag.txt"
Copy/paste the information (up to, and including, the [PS/2 Devices] section) to the forum. The information might have to be separated into multiple posts due to the maximum character limitation.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
Goose89

Quote:
ok, lets try this test setup:

do this for the recording devices.

Disabling non-essential Audio Devices - Vista/Windows-7/8

Windows Control-Panel > Sound > Playback & Recording tabs > rt-click in the window and select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" > rt-click on all unused devices and select "disable"

then select the triton mic and clik 'properties'. goto each tab and disable any enhancements. on the advanced tab, try setting the frequency to the lowest available.

if triton provides an audio control app, check there for any options on the mic. once we get it to work you can then re-enable the option setting.
-----

in the vent dropdown box for the input, is there only one selection for the triton mic?

-------
can you also post the following plz:

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Click the 'Save All' button
File is saved to the desktop as "DxDiag.txt"
Copy/paste the information (up to, and including, the [PS/2 Devices] section) to the forum. The information might have to be separated into multiple posts due to the maximum character limitation.
I went and disabled my webcam Mic, which was the only other one enabled. And turned off any enhancements on my Tritton Mic. Now it seems to work. So whichever one of the enhancements that caused the problem, no longer will. I just hope this wont effect my other VOIP programs. Thanks for the help, Prog.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

for testing purposes, try re-enabling the enhancements one at a time until it stops working again.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #7
Goose89

Quote:
for testing purposes, try re-enabling the enhancements one at a time until it stops working again.
I tried to enable/disable specific enhancements and couldn't find which one was causing the problem. So I just disabled them all.