Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 12-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
TravisT

Default Must have game open

Okay, now I have only had this problem for about 2 weeks. I have been using ventrilo for about 2 years now.

My soundcard is a Soundblaster Live 5.1.
I am using Windows XP Pro
My headset is Sennheiser PC150's.

Hopefully that is enough info for you. The problem is is that when I have ventrilo open, others in the channel can see my icon flashing green. But no sound. When I open Call of Duty 2, they can then hear me with absolutely no problem. So find myself constantly leaving the game open and alt-tab'ed so that I can do other things and talk to my team at the same time.

I am not aware of what could be causing this. I have disabled in-game sound (although I don't think that would be the issue considering it is working when it is open, and not working when CoD2 is closed).

Any suggestions?
TravisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
Kabuki

...same problem..****nning winxp 64 pro...only play rainbow 6...works ok until I enter a server...sb audigy, with currant drivers...

Thanks,

DWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisT
Okay, now I have only had this problem for about 2 weeks. I have been using ventrilo for about 2 years now.

My soundcard is a Soundblaster Live 5.1.
I am using Windows XP Pro
My headset is Sennheiser PC150's.

Hopefully that is enough info for you. The problem is is that when I have ventrilo open, others in the channel can see my icon flashing green. But no sound. When I open Call of Duty 2, they can then hear me with absolutely no problem. So find myself constantly leaving the game open and alt-tab'ed so that I can do other things and talk to my team at the same time.

I am not aware of what could be causing this. I have disabled in-game sound (although I don't think that would be the issue considering it is working when it is open, and not working when CoD2 is closed).

Any suggestions?
Kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
titansniper

do you have SP2 downloaded?? come to my server voice.hypernia.net:3813 and lets see if i can resolve it
titansniper is offline   Reply With Quote