Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-20-2007, 04:06 AM   #1
Sadia3737

Default Can anyone help me? Connection problem

Im having a problem connecting to a server, none of us can figure out what the problem is.

Ive been in the server before a couple months ago, but i cant join it now. Everytime i try it says unable to connect to server. Ive checked with the admin of the server, im not on any of the ban lists. We've checked them all, including the ip ban list and im not there. It doesnt allow me to connect at all for an unknown reason. The admin cant figure out why.

I can connect to all other server without a problem though. I do have a firewall, but ive dissabled it and i still cant connect to the vent server. I have version 2.3.0 of ventrilo, so it isnt my version thats causing the problem. None of us can figure out what the problem is. Ive also tried connecting using different user names, and that doesnt work.

So if anyone could help me, i would really really appreciate it. Thanks.
Sadia3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
Sadia3737

Ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and that doesnt work. So im at a loss as to what my problem is.

Thanks again for anyone that can help.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Sadia3737

bump
Old 01-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
wadesworld

Can you ping the server? Can you telnet to the appropriate port on the server?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
mjgraf

that server's port may be blocked by your firewall.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #6
Sadia3737

Ive dissabled my firewall and it still doesnt allow me to connect so that cant be the problem. And what do you mean telnet to the appropriate port?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
Sadia3737

bump
Old 01-22-2007, 12:43 AM   #8
titansniper

Default Cant Connect?

Check to see if your server information is correct. If you know everything is correct, and you know that others are connected, you may just be getting the run around by that admin who may not want you to connect.

1. Heres the big deal breaker. Can you connect to any other server reliably?

Connect to mine: voice.lexicongaming.com port 3785

Did it work fine:

Yes: Then the admin needs to give you correct connection details to his server. Its not your fault.

No: Then you clearly have a problem with your computer or firewall that you havent mentioned. The problem is on your end and neither your admin friend or I can help you without further information.

Titan out
titansniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

telnet using the following:

start > run > cmd
telnet server-name port#

where server-name is the server you connect to and port# is the port you use to connect to the server. both can be found in the vent client server setup section
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
shadowclown

I was having hte same problem, it all popped up all of a sudden that I couldn't connect to the vent server I use the most while all the others were still operational. I would get an error like "unable to authenticate user/password. please be sure you have the correct log in details"...then something about case sensitivity....I tried everything....

What got it working again was a System Restore to a date before the server wasn't connecting anymore.

It's not the server, it's something in windows I can't pin point. It all started after my internet was really laggy and slow as hell, I had connected that day but after a really bad drop off in the internet connection I could never connect again. So I knew it wasn't what everyone here was saying (with regards to log in details)...and I was admin on that server so no way in hell would anyone ban me (considering there is only 1 other admin).
shadowclown is offline   Reply With Quote