Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 10-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
dlay85

Default "pre-recorded" voice when using ppt

Whenever me or my friend use push to talk we get sound from before we pushed the binding for ppt also transmitting.

Say for an example i count loudly 1-2-3 and then immediately after saying 3 i push my ppt bind. What i will transmit to the other people on ventrilo will be part of 2 and 3. So they can hear what my microphone recorded BEFORE i push the ppt bind. This doesn't seem to be a ventrilo only issue. It also happens on discord. but its much more audible on ventrilo.

This issue seem to have started happening today. None of us has done anything different since yesterday. No updates, nothing

any ideas on what can cause this and how to fix it ?
dlay85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

it's possible that the mic has been reconfigured to an 'always on' setting. let's check the mic configuration options"

goto vent setup and click the 'recording(input)' button. this will open the windows audio controls.
clik the recording tab
rt-clik in the windows and enable both 'show' options
disable all un-used devices. rt-clik on each device and select 'disable'. each device should show a black down-arrow
next, rt-clik on your actual mic name and select 'properties'. check each tab settings.

does your mic device have its own audio control-panel app? also check the manufacturers web site to see if they offer an audio c-panel. if there is one available try installing it as it might offer more settings options.

also open task manager/processes and details tabs and look for any apps that might have gained access to the mic.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote