Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Lialu

Default Working now =)

Thx alot mate, its working now! =) Thx alot!
Lialu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Ibelieve

I am having a simular problem. I can hear and talk fine until i am in-game (i play lotro) then i can hear but no one can hear me i recently installed win7 and i have recieved this message before
Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use
Please hwlp me
Ibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@ibelieve

that error indicates a problem with the mic input. check for this - http://ventrilo.com/forums/showpost....62&postcount=6

try setting both Vent and any online game to ‘Run As Administrator’ (rt-click their icons)

in vent setup, set the input device to enable 'use directsound' then set the name to the mic device.

Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #14
snubi68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gethelwain View Post
If I had a cookie, I would give it to you. That was the problem. I didn't even think to look at the main page--was too busy poking around the setup page. Thanks!
had the same problem so sir, you have another cookie inc
snubi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #15
Tinysparks

One hour my vent works fine the next I can hear but my push to talk key does is not being recognized. The mic icon does not light up but when I perform a "Test" I can hear myself just fine. Everyone else says they cannot hear me when I am talking in vent though. However, I know it is not my mic because both skype and teamspeak work just fine. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the "Enable Outgoing Communication Button" I have tried running it as an administrator. I have tried using different hotkeys. I have tried using voice activation. I have tried disabling my User Account Controls and Uninstalling and Re-installing Ventrilo. I have tried going to a different server I have looked through several forums and much much more. I have come to a dead end in my search and it would be great if you could help me. I am using windows 7 upgraded from windows xp but I upgraded YEARS ago and never had this problem.
Tinysparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #16
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@ tinysparks

on vent main window at bottom, is 'mute mic' box checked?
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
PvtCaboose32

I am also having a similar situation but after reading and applying still no luck.

My mic and everything works just fine. Vent works great but only when the Push to Talk option is "Checked" once I uncheck this option Vent does not pick up my mic (it gets really annoying to keep pushing the button to talk especially while playing a game).

The test option in the Setup tab picks up my mic when the Push to Talk option is checked or unchecked. People just can't hear me (mic never turns green) when the Push to Talk option is unchecked for some reason. I do not have any boxes checked or anything...I am running Windows 7 32-bit so that is the one I downloaded and installed and I have this problem.

On a side note, I have a friend with the exact same problem.
PvtCaboose32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
PvtCaboose32

Anyone have a clue?
PvtCaboose32 is offline   Reply With Quote