Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Trogdorbrns

Default other vents are fine, one not working

So I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with a certain vent I started using and I have no idea what's wrong and I could not find any other post with the problem I have had.
So what is happening is that I am logging on just fine. If I am in a channel by myself everything is fine. The thing that happens wrong is when I'm in a different channel with other people, except everything starts out fine: they can hear me and I can hear them. But after at the most 2 minutes I either get booted, or just lag out, which creates a double of my name in vent. We use the regular Speex codex and have changed the format to many different levels of higher and lower quality to test what is wrong. With lower quality settings my vent lasts longer but eventually I will be booted and proceed to be chain "kicked" consistently.
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm all out of marbles >.<
Trogdorbrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
mjgraf

sounds like a network connection issue.
when the problem is occurring could you please run a speedtest, www.speedtest.net
and a tracert to the server.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Jaycyn

If you are using the computer wirelessly, as a test, plug directly in to your rout and turn Airport Off on the computer. See if that makes a difference.
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Trogdorbrns

So when I tested on the speedtest I tested it multiple times and my download varied from 7.86 mb/s to 13.45 mb/s and upload was from .01 to .86 mb/s.

And I also plugged my ethernet cable to the modem with airport off, and it did not fix the problem. I am still getting randomly dc'd all the time.

=/
Trogdorbrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Jaycyn

Sounds like you overall connectivity is fine - however, it could be a delay in getting to your vent server. Can you do two things

1) We would like to see a trace route to your servers IP address

2) Can you log into a Ventrilo test server and see what happens? See #15 in the Ventrilo Troubleshooting Stickied Thread. You will need to get a friend to join you on the same server and see if you lag out or anything.
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote