Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
wangel

Default Echo - This one is tough =(

Ok guys .... I've been all over the forums, all through my pc, and have done everything short of blowing something up.

First off, I'd like to mention that I am a very advanced user, and I'm at my wits end. Hopefully we can figure it out.

My PC:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Ma77OT-UD3
8 gigs of Ram, AMD Cpu. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

First off, I was using onboard sound. It's the real-tek stuff. Anytime I would have my mic open on vent, and someone would talk, they would hear themselves. They've complained about it forever (As a side not, this also would happen on my old pc, before I built this one).

I went thru the thread with the real-tek stuff, and unfortunately my Real-Tek HD Manager looked nothing like the older version, however I did try some things and to avail.

So I said, ok, I'll try another soundcard. I disabled the onboard sound. Installed a Soudblaster X-fi xtremegamer. Downloaded all the new drivers, got it working. Same thing. Anytime I would open my mic and someone would talk, they would hear themselves.

Still frustrated, I said ok, I'm going to get a usb headset. Even if I use the usb headset, the echo is still there. Anytime I open my mic, and someone else talks, they still hear themselves. Also, when I went out of town, I took this headset with me. Used it on my laptop (Which is running XP 32bit). Worked fine. In fact, people said I sounded the best I ever have.

Still trying to get this fixed, I decided to try and get the Asus Xonar DG soundcard. Bought one off Newegg, installed it, installed the drivers, set everything up. Connected to vent, tested it. IT STILL ECHOS, AIEEEEEEEEE

I don't know what else to try. I have normalization setup in vent ( Vent Normalization). Could that be it?

Also, just sitting here, typing this. My case does have front panel hookups(AC'97 and Hd audio). The Asus card has a hookup for these, but I did not hook them up. Could that be problem?

If you need screenshots of anything, please let me know, I will take them. If you want me to connect to a vent server so you can hear exactly what I'm talking about then I will either give you access to the vent server I always use or I will connect to one of yours.

Please help, Everyone tells me they are used to it, and for the most part I think they are, but this problem is eating away at my soul. I'm sure it's probably some stupid setting in Win7 I'm looking over =(

Thanks everyone!

~wangel
wangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

try turning off the normalization to see if makes any difference

in vent setup, are you using the hardware mixer section?

is the outbound amplifier set to 0

is 'mic boost' enabled

in mic properties, did you try disabling all effects like 'noise suppression', 'accoustic cancellation', and any others
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote