Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #1
theplayersspace

Default Microphone Stops sending voice.

Microphone Stops sending voice.

Im having a problem where when i run ventrilo and OBS at the same time and it will cut out my microphone and stop sending voice out on both applications.
Both programs work perfectly fine on their own however when i run them together it breaks. Times vary most of the time it happens within 5 minutes but I have had it working for
over an hour without issues. The only way for me to fix this problem once it breaks is to either stop OBS and Ventrilo and start them over again, or reset my microphone either
by unplugging the USB or through the sound properties Disable than Enable device.
I use Virtual audio cables to redirect sound but have had the problem even after troubleshooting without the Virtual audio cables in the mix. My normal is setup is Line 1 Default
Line 2 for Ventrilo use. Audio repeaters to my headphones.
The error i get in ventrilo is

"Your sound input device has stopped sending data to the Ventrilo client. Please verify that your sound drivers are up to date,
that you have selected the correct sound input device and that it is properly attached to your computer. USB microphone devices can come loose and some sound cards will
shutdown the input port if your microphone is not properly connected to the sound card.

If you click Setup, and then click the OK button, the Ventrilo client will attempt to reset your sound input device."

OBS doesnt give me an error it just stops broadcasting my voice.

I dont know which group to seek help from but im posting on both in hopes of some help.

I am streaming through twitch (although im not sure that would matter)

My setup includes a focusrite scarlett 2i2 - usb mixer, audio technica at2035 - microphone. I am running windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I usually run different steam games,
mostly Dont starve together and awesomenauts.

If you need any other specifics please let me know.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!
theplayersspace is offline   Reply With Quote