Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
deadlystryker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie311 View Post
Virtual Server - IP 192.168.1.73 - Protocol both Private and Public port 3784 "6100 is wrong"

Q: Running a server with XP Pro firewall on?
Deleted port mapping 6100. I am not running the server on XP Pro, I am running my client from XP though. The server is on Ubuntu Server.

I will post a picture here soon, showing my port-forwarding configuration.

Can you clarify how to set up Private and Public ports 3784?

Code:
Device           Allowed Applications    Private IP      Public IP Address
Server           
                    ventrilo_srv                                  192.168.1.73
                    Web Server
                    HTTPS Server
                    SSH Server
Edit: After some more thought, I realize under Adress Allocation on my 2wire Gateway settings page, I can (if it would let me...) select Public (Select WAN IP Mapping) and then next to that is WAN IP Mapping, but shows no options besides Router WAN IP Mapping (default).

This confuses me, if they are able to see my web server, and connect to eBox on port 443, why are they unable to connect to port 3784? Could this be an issue that my DNS does not recognize the service I am hosting, as there is a list I select from.

Last edited by deadlystryker; 03-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.
deadlystryker is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystryker View Post
Deleted port mapping 6100. I am not running the server on XP Pro, I am running my client from XP though. The server is on Ubuntu Server.

I will post a picture here soon, showing my port-forwarding configuration.

Can you clarify how to set up Private and Public ports 3784?

Code:
Device           Allowed Applications    Private IP      Public IP Address
Server           
                    ventrilo_srv                                  192.168.1.73
                    Web Server
                    HTTPS Server
                    SSH Server
Edit: After some more thought, I realize under Adress Allocation on my 2wire Gateway settings page, I can (if it would let me...) select Public (Select WAN IP Mapping) and then next to that is WAN IP Mapping, but shows no options besides Router WAN IP Mapping (default).

This confuses me, if they are able to see my web server, and connect to eBox on port 443, why are they unable to connect to port 3784? Could this be an issue that my DNS does not recognize the service I am hosting, as there is a list I select from.
post the pic of what you doing on your Netgear and ill fix it for ya but i just thought of it does your 2wire(witch is your modem) have a firewall. I know mine does so I'm asking.
Fonzie311 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #13
deadlystryker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie311 View Post
post the pic of what you doing on your Netgear
Is there a way I can access the Netgear switches? This may be where my problem lies, because I thought there was no administration page for them.

Just talked a bit with ATT chat support. I do not need a static external IP as of yet...right?
deadlystryker is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystryker View Post
Is there a way I can access the Netgear switches? This may be where my problem lies, because I thought there was no administration page for them.

Just talked a bit with ATT chat support. I do not need a static external IP as of yet...right?
im sorry your netgear a switches so that fine that not the problem. no you do not need a static ip as of right now. Right now I think it your 2way. most 2way come with a firewall do you how to get in your 2way to config?
Fonzie311 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

to get in most 2ways use http://gateway.2wire.net/. let me get some pics give me a few min.
Fonzie311 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
deadlystryker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie311 View Post
to get in most 2ways use http://gateway.2wire.net/. let me get some pics give me a few min.
192.168.1.254 lets me access the admin page. Let me upload some pictures right quick.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...alldetails.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lladvanced.jpg

Last edited by deadlystryker; 03-15-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: took image tags out
deadlystryker is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #17
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystryker View Post
192.168.1.254 lets me access the admin page. Let me upload some pictures right quick.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...alldetails.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lladvanced.jpg
ya you have it alright give me a min to post the pic and you be set ok man lol.
Fonzie311 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #18
deadlystryker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie311 View Post
ya you have it alright give me a min to post the pic and you be set ok man lol.
Sounds good, thank you for your help thus far.
deadlystryker is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystryker View Post
Sounds good, thank you for your help thus far.
Pic 1

PIc 2

Pic3

PIc 4

Last edited by Fonzie311; 03-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Fonzie311 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
Fonzie311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Pic 5


Repeat pic 3 on other post
Pic 6

PIc 7

Last edited by Fonzie311; 03-15-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Fonzie311 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.