Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 01-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
merlin3d

Default Help cant get my ventrilo php status script working...

dont know what the problem is and cant figure it out heres the link http://www.poostorm.com/ventrilotest.php

can anyone help me figure it out.
merlin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Ur-Jack

Can you print out line 378 of the 'ventrilotest.php' file? Something funny's going on there, but I think that will only be the beginning of things as you are also unable to spawn the applciation, but we'll deal with that in time.
Ur-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
merlin3d

PHP Code:
$pipe popen$cmdline"r" ); 
thats line 378 or whatever
still dont under stand.

Last edited by merlin3d; 01-29-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Ur-Jack

Hmmm, very odd, 'ventrilotest.php' doesnt have that many lines in it anyway. If I were you I would restart with fresh scripts, think something's gotten mixed up there.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
Ur-Jack

No, silly me, that page was of course referring to 'ventrilostatus.php' which does have a line 378 with that piece of code and not to 'ventrilotest.php' (I really shouldn't answer posts after a night shift).

I would still be temped to download the scripts from ventrilo site again and start off fresh, see what happens.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #6
merlin3d

well see i dont know where the program ventrilo status is i dont have it the ventrilo server is hosted in a different place and i just need to get it to refer to the program but i dont have one i tried downloading the server off the site and putting that program on the site and it still dont work. any ideas?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #7
Ur-Jack

Am looking at this with a fresh head now.

Yes, you need to check your PHP environment settings, as the message "PHP unable to spawn shell" suggests to me that PHP is set to run in safe mode. To check this, create a new php file that contains the following code

Code:
upload to your webserver and point your browser to it. It will output your PHP environment variables. In this alrge table, do a search for the word 'safe' until you fin the safe mode setting. If safe mode is enable, you need to get it disabled for PHP to be allowed to spawn external programs. If it is already disabled then the problem lies elsewhere.