Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
kaspi

Default Mac OS X 10.5. Leopard, MacBook Pro, installation failed

Hi,

I was trying to install the client 3.0.1 universal binary for Mac OS X.
1) Download
2) Unzip
3) Run .pkg
4) Outright got this error:

Operation could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Couldn't open "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal.pkg".

Anyone has a clue? I'm quite new to Mac OS and this might seem like installer problem, however this is the first app I ever had problem with during installation (or before .
kaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
kaspi

My bad. In any case:

after unzipping you'll end up with a "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal.pkg" which is a directory. So rename it to e.g. "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal". Navigate down and you'll find the package.

Yes, it is stupid, but naming a directory ".pkg" is not really bright idea either.

I figured it out only after I downloaded it twice and ended up having "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal.pkg(2)" directory after the unzip.

I hope this saves some trouble.
kaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Hagriever

wait i have to same problem like i cant open vent but how did you fix it, in easier words (im stupid)
Hagriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspi View Post
My bad. In any case:

after unzipping you'll end up with a "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal.pkg" which is a directory. So rename it to e.g. "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal". Navigate down and you'll find the package.

Yes, it is stupid, but naming a directory ".pkg" is not really bright idea either.

I figured it out only after I downloaded it twice and ended up having "ventrilo-3.0.1-Darwin-universal.pkg(2)" directory after the unzip.

I hope this saves some trouble.
None of that should be necessary. OS X should have no problem recognizing the .pkg as an Installer package and installing it. Sounds like something strange with your system.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
xtrem3_G36C

Kaspi, I tried downloading it how u did. I downloaded it once, then again it siad -1, then again -2.
So the little download box pops up when downloading something, and then i click it when its done. Zipeg opens. I click on the folder, ventrilo-3.0.4-Darwin-universall.pkg-2.zip
Then into folder, VentriloClient.pkg, then into folder contents, which shows, Archive.bom, archive.pax.gz, Info.plist, and PkgInfo, then I got into folder resources which is at the top of the list, and it comes up with a folder called English.Iproj, and other things, - BundeleVersions.plist, License.txt, VentriolClient.bom, VentriloClient.pax.gz, VentriloClient.sizes, package_version, - In the folder English.Iproj it comes up with, Description.plist and VentriloClient.Info

So abck to resources I click on the package_version, then click Extract, which is next to the functions, Open, Preview and Preferences. (Extract - sends it to a random folder of mine - (Successfully Extracted 1 Item) - its says.
So it takes me to the folder it's in, and it has the package symolb, brown box, with yellow square coming out of it.

I click the folder, ventrilo-3.0.4-Darwin-universal.pkg-2, and click on VentriloClient.pkg

Now you know the Macintosh HD, when I try to open the package, it says, Open failed
Couldn't open "VentriloClient.pkg".
With a little picture of an arow point down onto the symbol of the HD.

DO you know what I should Do?

Thank-you,
Xtrem3_G36C
xtrem3_G36C is offline   Reply With Quote