Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Nuz900

Default Feedback Issues

Hey, i've tried so many different things to fix my problems with vent but nothing's worked so I've decided to come here.

Basically whenever I speak at the same time as someone else, or if someone speaks at the same time as me, it gives everyone else on ventrilo (not me) the most god-awful loud feedback and it really, really pisses people off.

It's not my microphone as it's a brand new mic, and the feedback occurs regardless of the mic I use on this PC.

I'm using:

Realtek HD Audio onboard sound card
Windows XP

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need any further info to help diagnose the issue please ask. I will admit though Im not the most technically savvy person!

Cheers
Nuz900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
little_006

I'm having the same exact problem with realtek hd audio, onboard...so far I have no way to fix it!
little_006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
mjgraf

set the input device and mixer to the device with the mic
set the mux and line
line will be mic

open recording input and mute all devices except the mic and do not check mute all.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Ilithiya

I've the same problem, but with one difference: When I attempt mjgraf's fix, I do not have the mic option in my line dropdown, only CD Volume. Do I need to do something different to get mine working properly?
Ilithiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

try this:

Goto control-panel / sounds & audio / audio tab / volume button / select ‘options’ in the menu / check ‘advanced’ / select ‘properties’ / select ‘playback’ radio button / check all boxes / select ‘record’ radio button / check all boxes / click OK

In the playback list of devices – check the ‘mute’ box under Microphone. Close window

Click the volume button in the ‘sound recording’ section. If the check boxes display ‘Select’ then check the box under Microphone. If the check boxes display ‘Mute’ then check all boxes EXCEPT ‘Microphone’ and ‘Mute All’
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
Ilithiya

Thanks for the fast reply!! I was able to find everything you mentioned this time. I'll let you know how it goes when I can find someone on to help me test it out.
Ilithiya is offline   Reply With Quote