Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Dj Noumenon

Default Voice Targets

I was wondering if there is a way to set a key binding to the push to talk button in the Voice Target Window? Currently I am using user to user to chat with people privately in a large group. I was informed that there is a way to set up Voice Targets and assign the push to talk to a specific key binding. After going through the process of setting this up, in the edit PTT window, there is no option for Voice Targets (like there is on PC).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Dj Noumenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

a voice-target list needs to be created on the server first.

user-editor / voice targets button

clik help here for more info
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
Dj Noumenon

There is a voice target list set up on the server. I am on the list of allowed users. The issue that I'm having is that I can not set a key binding to use for that type of chat. The only way that I can privately chat, is by manually pressing the Push To Talk button in the Voice Targets Window.

When I go to the arrow next to the "bindings" menu (underneath server at the top)....I set up my new bindings as follows:

Setup Bindings Window: New (name the list that was set up on server), Add. Hotkey window: I set 0 on the numeric keypad to use for Push To Talk. Function is left at PTT Advanced. Edit PTT Advanced window: Transmit style....here is where the problem is....the only options I have are Channel By Name, Channel and All Sub Channels, Current Channel, and User to User. From my understanding....there should be another option listed Voice Target....however it's not on my menu.

Hope that makes sense.
Dj Noumenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
NamssoB

A member of my vent server is having the same issue - does anyone have an answer? Are key bindings to a Voice Target even possible on a Mac? All PC users have no issues.
NamssoB is offline   Reply With Quote