Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 11-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Grinmaul

Default mute others while talking

It looks like this should work, i have made the admin account with a checkmark in the mute others while talking option, but all can still talk over me, i would like this feature so raid leaders can talk with out some one talking right over them, not sure why so many have no self control and talk right over others. so when i saw this feature in the 3.0 version i got my hopes up that it might actually work am i just missing something?
Grinmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Grinmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NationVoice Zach View Post
You could also set the channel to queued.
ya, tried that, and that does work, but need raid leaders to be able to override that, if there is some vital info that needs to be said now, don't want to have to wait for some guy to stop telling some story about his dog to finish, admins should be able to over ride anyone that is talking..
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

did you also do this when you set that mute option?

When enabled this feature allows the account to mute other clients that might be transmitting to the same people the account is transmitting to. It requires that a unique PTT Advanced key be created and with the "Mute other users" option enabled for the bind. See the Binds Editor PTT Advanced function. This feature could create many problems and it is strongly recommended that you enable this option for a very small group of people that can be trusted
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Grinmaul

hmmm, ok, will try that, so i wont be able to make that channel only then, like raid channel, not sure i want to mute others when not in raid channel. will play with it some more.. having the ranking system use that in some way would have been nice, rank 100 overrides all, rank 80 over rides all but above 80, and so on but 2 rank 100s can still talk over eachother..
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
mjgraf

but one would assume that the highest rank users would be your admin/leaders and they should be able to communicate properly and not overstep each other.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
gramathy

Is the "mute others while talking" option available for Mac users? I see on the binds.htm file that DirectInput is required, and i can't talk over anyone with the mute turned on for my account.
gramathy is offline   Reply With Quote