Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
BRosenberg

Default Audio settings not being respected

Hiya,

I have a USB connected headset as well as external speakers connected to my G5 tower.

I have every possible audio choice in Vent set to my USB set, announcements such as "You have joined X channel" will play out through my external speakers. And will also play at max volume.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by BRosenberg; 07-21-2006 at 12:49 PM.
BRosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
gramathy

Your vent output is only for the audio you get from others on the server. For the announcements, they will play out your computer's set output device (and at set volume), not the one you choose through Ventrilo. It kinda helps avoid confusion if someone is talking and someone else joins the channel, so i think it's intended. I mean, it would just garble everything. Having dedicated voice output keeps things clear.
gramathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
BRosenberg

So I don't get to choose where the audio for the announcements goes? That's...kind of awkward, in my opinion.

Also, going by your description, the audio coming through my computers set output should be at the volume I set, which isn't happening, they're playing full blast no matter what I set my computer volume to be. It's a little un-nerving, heh.

I guess, for now, I'll just be turning off all announcements for players or channels entering/leaving, but that's kind of dissapointing.
BRosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote