Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
JaconKin

Default Ventrillo Won't Install on Windows 7, getting Dump Error

I am running into an issue with Ventrillo installing on Windows 7, each time I try to install it, I get the bar where it shows itself beginning to unpack and then I get this as the problem:

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB221.tmp.hdmp

Any Ideas?

Last edited by JaconKin; 01-20-2009 at 11:16 AM.
JaconKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
KRYAXYSA

I don't even get that far, my "windows installer has stopped responding" is all I get, but when I click more details after it failed to fix the problem it shows the same file path you linked. Odd
KRYAXYSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
byteasc

Seeing same issue, but noticed I'm also seeing Windows Installer use with the 7Zip MSI installer. This would lead me to believe theres either a bug in the new MSI code or something that the installers shouldn't be doing
byteasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
Dannathan

Default Resolved

This issue occurred for me as well with this and another application install. To resolve this you should be able to open a command prompt in Administrator mode and enter the following:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\Disabled Sessions /va /f

Hope this helps.
Dannathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
JaconKin

I think my issues was with some Audio Drivers for my X-Fi soundcard, was using the K-Pak drivers to see if it would fix an issue with crackling sound if I was browsing the web and playing music at the same time. Of course, the K-Pak sound driver didn't work.

Once I narrowed it down to these drivers, as it was the only thing I did that really changed Windows and the one thing I could think of causing issue with the Vent install and even Windows Updater, I went and did a system Restore from before I began fooling around with these drivers.

Downloaded Vent again and it installed without a hitch. Now if only Creative would release a beta driver for Windows 7, but figruing it took them a year to come out with updated XP drivers, I don't see that happening.

Last edited by JaconKin; 01-20-2009 at 11:18 AM.
JaconKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
PCfirestorm

Ok so I have tried the above mentioned fixes, but I still cannot get vent to install on windows 7. I have also tried runing in compatability mode and that was a bust. any other suggestions. My guild has made the switch from TS to vent and they wont go back.
Thanks
PCfirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote