Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
lumen22

Default Increased Delay

I have been using Ventrilo for about a month with no problems. But in the last week I have been having a problem where my speech is severly delayed. It starts out fine but within a minute or so there are increased gaps from the time when I speak till the time when it is heard by other people. Until it reaches delays as long as 4 or 5 minutes. At which point I will usually give up. People on the other side also say that the communication is choppy, and words in sentances are spaced farther and farther apart. I hear them just fine.

I have tried deleting Vent and re-downloading it. I have switched my USB logitech Headset from the hub to plugging it directly into the computer's USB port. I have checked my settings, and nothing has changed. I am still set for the speex codec and have both the input and output set for my USB headset.

I have called my ISP and checked to make sure my bandwith on the DSL connection is running full speed. They have tested the line to my modem repeatedly and tell me that I have top signal/speed. I am plugged into my modem using ethernet (not wireless). What else can I do??

Does anyone have a suggestion? I feel like I have tried everything. And I am baffled as to why after working for over a month with few issues, I am now experiencing this problem seemingly out of nowhere.
Thank you
lumen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
lumen22

Default also

I am running OS 10.4.9
thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
wadesworld

Who is your ISP? Have you asked whether they're doing any packet shaping?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
lumen22

Default Isp

I have Verizon DSL. I called them and asked if they did any packet shaping. After much explanation and spelling the word "packet" (twice) I was put on hold and after some time the confused young man returned and told me he had asked and the answer was "no, we do not do any things like that". He then tested my line again and told me that I had fantastic signal. I don't know if I should try to contact them again just to make sure or not. It's not that I think he was lying, but he certainly had no idea what I was talking about and was very confused that he wasn't able to read from his script.

Help. Me. Please.
thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
lumen22

Default I just found out

I dont know if this helps or confuses things but apparently another person on the same Vent server that I use is having identical issues. And also cannot solve it. I do not know if he is using a Mac or a PC, since I did not speak to him directly about this. I was told this information by someone else.