Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
concon

Default How do i cancel account?

unforunately, i can not continue to pay for vent anymore. how do i cancel my account? i have tried emailing vent, but they said i need to contact my host server. how do i find that out? pelase tell me how to do this.

much thanks
concon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
mjgraf
Super Moderator

correct, you will contact the professional host you are renting the server from. Flagship Industries can not help in you this regard. who is your hosting company?
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
concon

thats the problem...i cant remember which company i used to host my server, it was a while ago. is there no way to find out? or any other way via credit card company to cancel the payments?
concon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
tbenoit

Canceling via the credit card company isn't an option. They only process the charges and not provide cancellation assistance with any of the merchants you do business with.

You should have some emails from your hosting provider.

You can also look at your credit card statements for the hosting charge and look for the company name there.

I assume you have an IP Address you connect to. You can try to perform an nslookup on that IP Address to see if it will resolve to a particular hosting company's name.
tbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
mjgraf
Super Moderator

no paperwork or emails from the hositng company? might want to look back through credit card statements.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
nV`MasterChief

I'm not saying this is anyway that would sound insulting, but most vents come with the providers web site in 1st channel

EX:

1. yourclanorwhatnotnamehere < www.host.com >

well, most of the ones i have seen have said that, if the card belongs to you, look it up on your monthly bill, it should tell you " XX.XX amount sent to on the Such and Such date.

if this doesn't work, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE to contact the credit card company and tell them to stop the payments, thats how i stopped my auto payments to my 1st vent.

Good luck
nV`MasterChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
tbenoit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV`MasterChief
if this doesn't work, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE to contact the credit card company and tell them to stop the payments, thats how i stopped my auto payments to my 1st vent.
If the poster can find the charge to dispute it, then the poster can simply contact the company and properly cancel service, instead of giving that hosting provider a "black eye" by performing false dispute.
tbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote