Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

thx for the dxdiag. it does help.

if your hearing the problem with the logitech headset then i suggest starting with updating the driver as your current version is from 2013. it also looks like the default windows audio driver.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...set/downloads#
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #12
OhioSteve

the headset is only for the mic at this time...playback is through the desktop speakers.

Also, not sure if I mentioned it, but when I do switch everything to the headset, the voices still come in slow and in a male tone!

If I can come up with any additional info, I will be sure to get it to you, as I can!

Last edited by OhioSteve; 02-17-2018 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Additional Comments
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #13
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

ok, lets try looking at these:

unplug the speakers and headphone then re-plug them. this should force a reset of the audio system.

goto vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs, make sure the output device is set to the speakers by name.

set the inbound amplifier to 0

try setting the input/output devices to ‘use directsound’ and setting the device name to the sound device you’re using.
------------------

Disabling non-essential Audio Devices - Vista/Windows-7/8

Windows Control-Panel > Sound > Playback & Recording tabs > rt-click in the window and select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" > rt-click on all unused devices and select "disable"

------------------
Audio Driver

Check the Audio driver to make sure it is up to date. Or try re-installing the current driver.
(note: some USB Headsets do not require a driver)
(Don’t assume the driver is up to date as a newer one may have been released since the computer was built)

- If you have a brand-name PC, like Dell or HP, then check the manufacturers website for driver updates.
- If you built the PC and use the on-board sound device then check the motherboard manufacturers website for drivers for your model motherboard.
- If you use a plug-in soundcard, ex: SoundBlaster, then check that manufacturers website for drivers.

Also check for BIOS and chipset updates

When checking for BIOS, chipset and certain onboard hardware drivers, you should only check the pc (or specific motherboard) manufacturers website for your make/model. The manufacturer is responsible for maintaining the proper version of driver for their specific hardware.

For example: Realtek is an OEM manufacturer of audio chips and there are many different revisions of each. The latest driver found on the Realtek site may not be compatible with the version of chip in your pc, and could cause problems like 'stereo mix' to not be available. Realtek comments to this effect on their download page.
----------------------
Old 02-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
OhioSteve

LMAO...I unplugged my speakers and my usb headset then plugged them back in and now there is no sound coming through my speakers even when I set them to default. I am still getting the same thing with the voices through my headset, (Logitech G35).

I did a update on the drivers that you mentioned and I keep getting back the message that I have the most current drivers available, (or something to that effect), so no idea what is next short of replacing the sound card all together.

Any additional advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Last edited by OhioSteve; 02-19-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Unclear Statement
Old 02-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #15
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

ok, since the test recording sounded right then i still believe the problem is with either the audio driver or directx.

i have read other forums where it's reported that sometimes usb devices can interfere with directx. try removing all usb devices except kbd/mouse, disable the webcam (if built-in) and then test the voices.
---------------------

windows 7 allows the re-install of directx. the download is here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=36805

install, reboot, and test
--------------------
re-install the official dell audio drivers for your system

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...=us&l=en&s=bsd

either enter your service tag# (should be located in the same place as the serial#) or click on the 'detect' button. the detect option will install a small app that will identify your system. this will take you to the section where you can select all drivers specific to your pc when it was built. I've had many dells and this works rather nice. you might want to have it detect what version of drivers are currently installed

i would suggest re-installing any drivers as they may have gotten corrupted.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #16
OhioSteve

Sorry for not getting back to you regarding my sound issue...but, I managed to figure out a fix. I deleted the username of the problem and created a new username and now everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what the problem was, but making a new user seemed to do the job.

Thanks for the assist in trying to solve the problem...your help was definitely of great help!!