Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
jepre

Unhappy vent 4.0 issues

been using vent for over 10+ years, and recently our server provider upgraded us to vent 4.0(which we hate cause we miss the old vent UI, please give us the option to use the 3.0 skin)... my issue is that i randomly disconnect and reconnect constantly, sometimes there will be 4 or 5 clones of me, and people also turn to robots when they talk randomly. I'm the only one out of like 30 people in the server having this problem. so assuming its my computer, my router, or my isp (comcast).

curious to see what y'all think could be the issue, iv tried the basics like restarting the router/modem, re-installing, updating drivers and nothing seems to work.
jepre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

the old look/feel UI is still somewhat available. rt-clik in main window > themes > select classic. the rt-clik > view > select options at bottom

-----------------------

i recently had the same disco issue and what i eventually found is that i had to reload/upgrade the firmware on one of my routers. what was strange is that it wouldn't affect every connection.

you can also run a traceroute when the problem starts and watch for any nodes that report unusually high ping times.

open a command prompt
type: tracert {ipaddress/hostname of server}
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
jepre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
the old look/feel UI is still somewhat available. rt-clik in main window > themes > select classic. the rt-clik > view > select options at bottom

-----------------------

i recently had the same disco issue and what i eventually found is that i had to reload/upgrade the firmware on one of my routers. what was strange is that it wouldn't affect every connection.

you can also run a traceroute when the problem starts and watch for any nodes that report unusually high ping times.

open a command prompt
type: tracert {ipaddress/hostname of server}
thanks yeah we ended up just making our own skin. Is there a way to keep the tracert to keep constantly pinging. new to all this, so learning as i go. since it happens at random for a few seconds at a time, its just slowly getting more and more annoying.
jepre is offline   Reply With Quote