Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 09-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Koekoenutt

Default PTT XBOX 1 Issues with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Two days ago, my computer updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Since then, my PTT Advance to Current Channel doesn't work like it's supposed to.

I usually setup a binding for my Xbox One controller on the Left Joystick to talk to Current Channel. This has worked for over a year, including Windows 10, until this update. When I have Ventrilo clicked on as my main window, the bindings work. Once I click off to desktop/game/browser, it stops working. Kind of defeats the purpose, and now I can't talk easily on Ventrilo with games that use a controller.

I have tried your typical Ventrilo fixes already as well. Running as administrator, changing USB with controller, reinstalling Ventrilo, made sure nothing is muted. I mean it works if the Ventrilo Client is main window clicked on/active, but other than that it doesn't.

Please help or else the server I have had for about a decade now, might have to be switched over to TeamSpeak or Mumble if this isn't fixed soon. Really don't want to lose my Ventrilo Server address that I've had for this long either. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Prog-Rocker; 10-30-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Koekoenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

well, i just updated my win10 and it broke mine too. I'm going to try to roll-back the xinput and/or xbox drivers to the 10586 version. if i get it to work i will post the instructions.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:00 PM   #3
Koekoenutt

Was able to fix my problem. I guess it's a Microsoft issue more so than Ventrilo. Other VOIP programs had the same issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...g_and_beeping/

That fix seemed to work for me. Had to take a few extra steps to get it working like they did though. Unzipped ALL files into a folder. You also have to have your Xbox One controller plugged in to get Xinput to show up in your Device Manager. Otherwise it won't show up, and show Xbox One Wireless Controller.

Updated Drivers like they said to. The drivers installed but never updated though, so I had to go back and select. This time instead of the files, there was an option for XInput older driver instead of the newer one. When I did this, it worked for me. Hope this helps!
Koekoenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

Thanks for the follow-up. I did install this driver and it does work tho it's not the version I was looking for.

CAUTION: before installing any files, manually scan them with your favorite A/V and/or Malware checkers
Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 AM   #5
thamexper

You can install driver in OEM or manufacturer dell/hp/mac/asus/acer... When I update win 10 everything not connect mouse, tabpad ... It make me very angry
thamexper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
ANADMANNI

Default Love back spell

Hi,

I noticed Push To Talk on a Xbox One controller stopped working sinds the latest big Windows 10 update.
When setting a new hotkey, TS doesn't recognise any keys from the Xbox One controller. The keys work fine ingame.

I'm running Windows 10 version 1607 (Build 14393.51) and TS3 version 3.0.19.4

Any ideas?

Last edited by Prog-Rocker; 02-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.
ANADMANNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@ anadmanni

you need to contact the TS forum for support. but i suspect the problem is the same wherein microsoft re-installed the problematic driver with the latest update.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #8
Omicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
@ anadmanni

you need to contact the TS forum for support. but i suspect the problem is the same wherein microsoft re-installed the problematic driver with the latest update.
You're not gonna get a response, that's a spammer peddling a malicious looking link for "Indian Love Spells." Look at the last link on the post.

You can also find where this was originally posted as well: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ersary-Update)

Look at the post by "Dietje" on that page, this was copy and pasted word for word and the signature was modified to be a link.

The bots for Vbulletin are now building databases with keywords/associations, and are keying in to post these spam posts on relevant looking topics.

So... 'bout that Ventrilo 4.0?
Omicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@omicron

Hey, thx for the headsup. i was in a hurry and overlooked the link. and yes, the spambots have been horrible this year.

on ver4. we're putting the the finishing touches on it right now and squashing the last of the little 'undocumented features' ie: bugs . (finally...lol)
Old 02-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #10
cBizzzz

I was able to get my Xbox One controller to finally work properly with PTT.

https://youtu.be/76asVtL4gwg

Last edited by cBizzzz; 02-25-2017 at 02:29 PM.
cBizzzz is offline   Reply With Quote