Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #11
gramathy

Quality is only marginally less than GSM. I say "marginally" because it's difficult to tell the difference.
gramathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #12
Cochice

Yeah, any server admin out there willing to let our server admin and me log on just to test quality? It would very very much appreciated
Cochice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #13
Wembley

My guild switched over to accomodate me and a few other Mac users, and the reaction has been that things sound better than ever!

Thank you for freeing me from using a 600mhz laptop to chat in-game.
Wembley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #14
SteveJobs

We are still transitioning, it seems worse in some ways, however, I am now able to use one computer

I need to get everyone to update to the new beta, I'm not sure if that is part of the problem.
SteveJobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #15
Earley

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunk
There are a lot of concerns about the new Speex codec with my guild. The general opinion is that it is a poor codec and produces bad quality sound.

The second reason they have decided not to switch is due to everyone having to download a new client.

The reason for this thread is that I'd like for those of you who have made the switch to report on your view of the audio quality differences and any hassles you may have experienced. Please don't hold back, give the bad with the good. My intention is to link the thread in my guild forums if the reports are mostly favorable to allay some of my guilds fears about switching.
No problems here either. The windows client gets a bit better sound quality for those who bother to download the 2.6.2b1 client, but I can say for sure that most users, including the peeps we have on in pickup groups, have no problem and also have no idea I'm on a Mac until I tell them how stoked I am!

Earley
Earley is offline   Reply With Quote