Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #11
halprin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidarin
WoW is notorious for wiping out other applications Key Bind settings. WoW even wipes out your Expose settings!

Without enabling the Universal Access, you can also use any of the modifier keys (Command, Shift, Control, Tab, Option) as the PTT hotkey, and it will hold into WoW. Several of those keys are in constant use, but the Option and the Control key are usually free.

I set the Control key to be my PTT key, since I use th Option key for some flexbar events. I then binded the Control key to my middle mouse button using USB Overdrive (as it IS difficult to reach when doing the ASWD style) and viola, no UA issues, easy on mouse activation.
WoW no longer whipes out your Expose settings. But I don't need any Universal Access to make my PTT button to work. BTW, my PTT button is a side button on my Logitech MX 510 (It used to be control and it worked w/o Universal Access) and I didn't have to use USB overdrive. I just selected the field and pushed the button.
halprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #12
shidarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by halprin
WoW no longer whipes out your Expose settings. But I don't need any Universal Access to make my PTT button to work. BTW, my PTT button is a side button on my Logitech MX 510 (It used to be control and it worked w/o Universal Access) and I didn't have to use USB overdrive. I just selected the field and pushed the button.
Odd, WoW wiped my Expose settings yesterday. Its not every startup, just mostly random.

And you're right, you don't need USB overdrive to map the button anymore! When I first Mac Vent, it was not working quite right without binding it to a key and then binding that key to a mousebutton. Thanks
shidarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #13
Riven

I had this problem to and this fixed it up for me. Thanks so much!
Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:11 AM   #14
CocoDaPuf

First, HEY HALPRIN! what's up?

Second, have you actually gotten WoW to stop wiping out exposť settings? Cause it still does it every time I play the game.

Third, a huge thank you to everyone at vent, I'm happy to say I've gotten the client working and it's been a blast using it.

(edit)
One last quick question, is there any down-side to using universal access for PTT? What is that option actually doing?

Last edited by CocoDaPuf; 11-11-2005 at 05:16 AM.
CocoDaPuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #15
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoDaPuf
One last quick question, is there any down-side to using universal access for PTT? What is that option actually doing?
Not that I'm aware of. I have not seen any desktop issues and I have not noticed any problems while testing with RTCW.