Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
slancaster

Default web link problem with mac client

I am on 10.6.8

I have installed ventrilo.When i open ventrilo, i have to create a username. When i click on the web link when ventrilo is open, it lets me connect just fine.

If i close ventrilo and then click on the link, it opens ventrilo and says "connected to server but unable to authenticate". If i click on the link again (without closing and reopening ventrilo), i get a message saying "the server is already defined in your server list, but some of the details will be changed if you continue". I click ok, and it connects successfully.

I have tried using chrome and safari to get to the web link, i have the same results. I have tried another 10.6.8 machine, and I have the same results. I tried a windows 7 machine, and i do NOT have that problem.

It almost like the password is being hashed incorrectly. The program needs to fully start up, and then input the information. I think on the mac, i click the link, it opens ventrilo, puts in the information, then fully starts up. But i dont know enough about the system.

I do know that the hash value for the password changes everytime i close ventrilo. The problem I am getting seems to indicate the hash value changes at startup as well.

For now i will just send out directions or email people the password. Here is the link i am using:

ventrilo://ventrilo.srcs.org:3784/servername=srcsvoice&serverpassword=power8

Here is the html i am using:
Click here to connect to SRCS Voice Server

On the server log all i have is MSG_CONN ID 226 accepted
MSG_ABORT ID 226 aborted

No way to tell what password is getting passed to it. Definitely not power8
slancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
shrikant44

For now i will just send out directions or email people the password. Here is the link i am using.

Last edited by Prog-Rocker; 04-23-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: removed bogus link
shrikant44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

passwords are linked to the pc it's initially configured on, which is also why the INI file can be copied but the password won't work on the new machine. wouldn't be very secure if that were allowed.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
slancaster

sure i can understand why you might want that.

nowadays the main thing im concerned with is random people on the internet trying to get into the server. thats why i want a password on it. im not so concerned with someone getting onto my machine and copying the ini file. even in a school environment, kids may share computers but use different login accounts to the machine, so the ini file would have security permissions on it.

but its your call, its great software, and until this problem is fixed, ill just send the server settings to my users.

thanks again for the awesome software!
slancaster is offline   Reply With Quote