Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 AM   #11
sharkmaster

Cool talking with other windows open

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld
Are you sure the PTT key is not mapped to some other function in the system hotkey mappings?
I used the space bar first and it works as a PTT only when vent is the front window.

I am going to try the control key.
sharkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
krunk

I have always used my F16 key. I've verified that nothing is mapped to that key in WoW keybindings menu, but am currently experiencing these symptoms.

I detailed them in my "Push to talk not working (not the standard problem)" thread, but am tossing my hat into this one as well.
krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
asbjornu

I have the same problem. It used to work before, but it's suddenly stopped working. I've always used F12 as my PPT button, and it works when Ventrilo has focus, but when it doesn't, pressing F12 doesn't do anything. F12 is also not mapped to anything else and setting any other PPT key has no effect; Ventrilo needs to have focus for PPT to work.

"Assistive devices" is checked in "Universal Access"; I've also tried unchecking and checking again to see if it helps, but alas it doesn't.
asbjornu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
asbjornu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
According to this, "Prototype 11" should have fixed the problem. Where the heck can I download "Prototype 11"? I'd love to try a beta version if it fixes this annoying issue, but I find the beta versions of Ventrilo nowhere, which is kind of annoying when the version I have is nearly three years old (from 2008).
asbjornu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Jaycyn

A Couple of things

When F12 Doesn't do anything: have you checked the System Preferences->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts? Sometimes F12 is mapped to turning on Dashboard.

Also, make sure you take a look at item #8 in the troubleshooting guide - seems you have but just making sure.
http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=39590

A Question after you have done the above. When you restart the Mac, start up Vent does the PTT key work? Then open Safari and see if the PTT key still works.

One other note: if you recently installed the 10.6.6 update, that may have changed your keyboard settings. Please double check them.

Let us know

Last edited by Jaycyn; 01-19-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote