Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 09-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
Amadtaz

Unhappy When will version 3 update come out?

Okay, maybe not version 4, but at least an update for Mac users. Or at least some news telling us an update is on the way. I know I'm not the only one out there who has their Vent app crash twice a day or is pissed that their USB headset won't work. Sometimes I look at my memory usage in Activity Monitor and Vent will be using more than twice as much RAM as WoW.

I play WoW, have Ventrilo open and thats it. While everyone else in my guild is on a PC and has no issues with their Vent, my Vent just lags and crashes every half an hour and sometimes more. I know there is no fix that I can do at this point, I have tried everything including and erase and install on my hard drive, just loading WoW and Ventrilo and then play for a little. After 45 min, "Vent has unexpectedly quit". That's just BS.

All I want to know is that the people at Ventrilo are working on a new version for the Mac. I don't care if it's one guys who works there and is doing it on his free time. That would mean someone cares about fixing something that thousands of people rely on. I have been saving my crash reports if you want me to send them to you.

It happened in 10.5 and it happens now in 10.6 (and 10.6.1). I'm on a MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Core2Duo 800 MHz FSB, 4 GB 667 DDR2 with an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB. I also use my Mac Pro when I'm at work and not working, it's specs: Two 2.6 GHz Quad Core Xeon, 1.6 GHz FSB, 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM with an NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GT 512 MB. The Mac Pro has the same issues.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Frustrated Ventrilo User

Last edited by Prog-Rocker; 09-11-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: updated title for clarity
Amadtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Jaycyn

I will be the first inline to support some kind of update or at least a response to some of the current issues.

However, the frequency of your crashes seem abnormally high. My experience is, other than the robotic static sound issue, the vent application is pretty stable. I can have vent open for several weeks with no issues, as long as I disconnect and reconnect so I can speak (to fix robovoice), and haven't noticed any issue with memory leaks or ram hogging.

I deal with dozens of people that also use vent who are not experiencing that level of instability either. I wonder if there is something else causing the issue for some users.
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

I think the next release of anything will be for the mac to include the functionality of the windows version.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Jaycyn

And fix the robo-voice issue? wink wink nudge nudge
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
MacBHoward

I have had absolutely no problems with Ventrilo using a Mac Mini with 10.6. I run WoW, Vent, and Safari all at the same time and don't even lag much in Dalaran. What I'd love to see is Overlay for Vent available to Mac users.
MacBHoward is offline   Reply With Quote