Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
mjgraf

how is you processpr usage?
any other programs using the sound card in the back ground or other processes possibly modifying the sound stream?
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #12
daeus

Hmm, aside from WoW, I don't think so seeing as the only time I use Vent is when I'm raiding. I do have a little app that sits in the menu bar called SoundSource which let's me select output and input sources from there rather than going into system preferences to do it, but from what I understand it doesn't hijack the sound it just changes the settings instead of System Preferences. But I'm no expert. Could that be it?
daeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #13
mjgraf

try running ventrilo without this app running.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
daeus

Ok, sorry to bring this one up from a few weeks ago, but I wanted to test it further. So I've tried running vent now for some time without the aforementioned app "SoundSource" and the same people are still reporting that I cut out. Now, I have a new interesting piece to the puzzle. When this does happen, when those people say that I'm cutting out, other people will state that they hear me just fine and that I'm NOT cutting out.

So now my question becomes, is this still something on my end causing the problem, or is this out of my control?
daeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
Hipplewm

99% chance it is not you

Have them look at their pings while you are talking...we have a chilean player and about 20% of the time when he keys his mic all of our vent pings will go nuts. He will cut out and all during this, but it happens for everyone.

Also, we have had luck cutting quality down a bit to reduce bandwidth especially when we have been raiding PTR and live and had 70-80 people on vent at a time.
Hipplewm is offline   Reply With Quote