Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 01-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #31
sinsai

okay...i've spent 2mons troubleshooting this issue. i disabled all my firewalls, open all ports, applied port-forwarding, uninstall vscan, bought a new router, bought a new network card...nothing worked.

i called my ISP (surewest.com) and asked to open port 6100 and 5000. they said, "all ports above 3000 are opened". i didnt believe them, so i started a new service with SBC/AT&T. now, my vent works!!!

so yes, the issue is your ISP. you can use "port surfing" software to check what ports are open when you launch ventrilo. link to CNET recommendated software: http://www.download.com/Scan-Port/30...html?tag=lst-3
sinsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #32
Pinot

If you use a router, try enter in the configuration page and set the currect date and disable router firewall. If the date isn't correct, ventrilo will not connect
maybe it wont connecting cause certificate program is not in accordance with the router.

(here it worked)

Last edited by Pinot; 01-19-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: complementing
Pinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #33
Sir Right

Thumbs up Solution to Ventrilo Synchronizing

I had to pass this on as I know others might get their Vent working also.

Premise: My wife and I are on our home network, using a basic router and dsl modem. She has Win XP and I have Win Vista Ultimate. I can get on to a server just fine but for some reason her Ventrilo had that "synchronizing" error when she tried to log in. She also uses Zone Alarm (I do not) which I felt was the problem (it wasn't).

Solution: After trying all the other fixes, port changes, etc. it was something so simple--simply unplug the dsl modem and router (wait for 15 seconds) then plug them back in. For some reason either her IP address was being blocked or Win XP server software was stuck. And yet she could connect with the internet, play games via Game Spy ...

I'm sure one of you experts out there has a reason why this worked...I just hope that our good luck works for you too. There are many threads for this issue but this is the one that ranks number one on Yahoo!

------------------------
No good deed goes unpunished!

Last edited by Sir Right; 02-23-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Sir Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #34
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Right View Post
I had to pass this on as I know others might get their Vent working also.

Premise: My wife and I are on our home network, using a basic router and dsl modem. She has Win XP and I have Win Vista Ultimate. I can get on to a server just fine but for some reason her Ventrilo had that "synchronizing" error when she tried to log in. She also uses Zone Alarm (I do not) which I felt was the problem (it wasn't).

Solution: After trying all the other fixes, port changes, etc. it was something so simple--simply unplug the dsl modem and router (wait for 15 seconds) then plug them back in. For some reason either her IP address was being blocked or Win XP server software was stuck. And yet she could connect with the internet, play games via Game Spy ...

I'm sure one of you experts out there has a reason why this worked...I just hope that our good luck works for you too. There are many threads for this issue but this is the one that ranks number one on Yahoo!

------------------------
No good deed goes unpunished!
Actually I had a similar experience this week but it wasn't ventrilo syncing experiencing the problem. It was an ability to ping one of my internet servers. Turns out that power cycling the router fixed the problem. I also noticed that the routers firmware was outdated so I upgraded it shortly there after.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #35
comix

Default synchronising

i have has same issue MSG: synchronising

im always clueless which firewall i still have working cause im always shutting down every firewall i see, they give too much troubleshooting

i got MCafee, windows firewall, and the router
i have windows one turned off mcafee too and the routers one too.
someone told me i had to open port 6100 or w/e port, so i tried that
i dont know how ofc so i just tried the Enable port trigger, and changed NAT settings.

nothing worked! i use my MSN to give me feedback on what exactly works. it said my pc had wrong proxy DNS settings etc. and i called my PC helpdesk, internethelpdesk and router helpdesk and nobody wnated to help me or could help me. Some guy even told me to reinstal windows.

then i justresetted the modem for 10 minutes and everything worked again

even ventrilo!
for like 1 hour.. when i came back it didnt work anymore. thats how i got to this thread (and many others)

so people said to turn routers firewall off so i checked that but it was already turned off and the second i turned it ON ventrilo just popped up and works fine now.. i dunno for how long but ill just try turning it on and off next time. i hope this will be of any help!
comix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #36
Grimslade

All I did was reboot my system and it connected to the server no problem.
Grimslade is offline   Reply With Quote