Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
saltychip

Default Microphone Volume to low...

Hey everyone, I've been using vent for a while now but recently I updated my Mobo/ram/ and CPU and since then have been having problems with vent/my microphone volume.

I have the Audio Fx Pro 5.1 USB Headset, it apparenlty uses C-Media CM108 as its audio codec. Sometimes people say I sound like a robot/static in ventrillo and I have no way of fixing it but waiting a few minutes and it randomly turns itself off and on...

Not only that but I am apparently really low in ventrillo also, My sound is fine but my microphone output is low to everyone. Now, I don't sound like robot when I use windows recorder to replay myself but my voice is so low I can barely hear it.

Problems(for people who wont read above):

Microphone Volume extremely low
robot/static in ventrillo randomly

System:

USB Headset: Audio FX Pro 5.1 with C-Meda CM 108 codec
CPU: E8400 Wolfdale@ 3.00GHz
Mobo:Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L-LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX

Anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!! Its been like this for over 2 months... It's starting to drive me crazy.

EDIT- Here is a picture because I'm sure its going to be asked... microphone volume and microphone boost are at max/100.

http://www.statichalo.net/help.jpg

statichalo.net is my website but for some reason imgshack or photobucket wouldnt allow me to link the image.

Last edited by saltychip; 03-07-2008 at 04:29 AM.
saltychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

thx for the pics.
let's see if we can get the volume problem in vista to work first. i suspect once that's working then vent will sound ok.

does your mic properties include options like 'noise suppression', 'accoustic echo cancellation' that can be disabled?

are there any updated drivers associated with that headset?
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
saltychip

Yea, I have the updated drivers, without them my mic is so loud I can't turn anything down. I turn down my speakers to one and its still really loud. My mic is actually louder without the headset drivers. Without them instead of microphone boost there is "AGC" w/e that means. Once i install the drivers my microphone actually becomes softer/i sound lower and "AGC" changes to microphone boost which is checked. So with the drivers my mic actually becomes softer...
Old 03-08-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
saltychip

Great Support!