Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
Massada

Exclamation connecting from Israel

hi all,

I am using ventrilo 3.0.1. I use ventrilo since about 2 years and never had any complains, however, since a few month I keep on getting too high pings and can't communicate anymore. The ping I receive from ventrilo is between 5000 - 31000 (disconnection). From time to time, however, I also get normal pings but this is very rarely.

I tried already a few things in order to solve this problem. I changed my Internet service provider which didn't help. I also formated my PC and reinstalled only the most necessary programs in order to make it run, but there's no change.

It confuses me that this problem ony relates to ventrilo. I don't have any problems with teamspeak or any other program. What also confuses me is the fact that this problem just popped up a few month ago and since than didn't change and return to normal status.

I really don't know what to do anymore: I am so upset and hope that someone is going to be able to help me with my problem here.

If there is anything you guys need to know, please, don't hesitate to ask questions: I really need this problem to be solved.

ventrilo also lags if WoW isn't running. Moreover, the soundcard driver is up to date. in vent setup/misc I already checked 'process priority=high', and in vent setup the input/output devices are set to the soundcard.

I really dont't know what to do anymore, please help.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Take care...

p.s.: i just made a screenshot which also confuses me: after speaking to my service provider i pinged the ventrilo server i usually use. the result was just fine (127), while at the same time the application itself shows me a ping of about 4500. i would post the screenshot here, but i don't know how to upload a file. if it is necessary, please let me know.

Last edited by Massada; 04-25-2008 at 04:46 AM. Reason: screenshot
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
plzhelp

im from israel aswell.. got the very same problem... still hasnt fixed yet.. my ISP ( bezeq) didnt do anything to solve it.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

massada - who's your ISP? maybe both of you have something in common we should look into.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Massada

there are basically only two ISP's in Israel. One of them is, as plzhelp mentiones, Bezeq (DSL). However, mine is HOT (Cable). "HOT" doesn't do anything as well; I contacted them several times already, but they keep on mentioning that that's an issue my Provider should worry about. My provider, by the way, is "NetVision". I used an other one before but cancelled it a few month ago because they couldn't solve this problem.

I really don't understand what the cause of this problem could be, because it worked for a year and a half perfectly, and just since a few month it keeps on making problems.

hope the info above helps. i appreaciate the help
Old 04-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Massada

Default tracert, ping and bandwidth test of the server i am connecting to

bandwidth test:

939kbps download
130kbps upload

tracert and ping: please, see screenshot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/david.y....37732550321874

these are the infos of the server i am connecting to; if you want me to do this for my ip as well please let me know.

Last edited by Massada; 04-25-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
plzhelp

btw massada wich provider ure using now? im currently a hot memmber ("tashtit)" and ISP is bezeq
Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
Massada

Default provider & ISP

hi,

my provider is "NetVision", and my ISP is "HOT". I'm using a cable connection with 1.5 MBit
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
Massada

Isn't there anybody who can help me with this issue? I know that the people "work" here as volunteers and that it might be hard to get into this issue, but i really need help
Old 04-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #9
plzhelp

if wer'e both customers of hot.. u think mayb there is the problem? since we got the same issue
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
Massada

@ plzhelp: this, to be honest, might be the only reasonable explanation for me so far. I changed my provider already a few month ago becaus of the ventrilo lags (now my provider is NetVision); I also formated my computer and went over the firewall settings with some friends of mine who basically know what they are doing. however, no change. the only thing which stayed in my connection is HOT, and therefore a cable-internet-connection. maybe it's worth trying to change the cable internet connection to ADSL? i don't know; but i am really starting to get pissed already.

so you're also using cable, plzhelp?
Closed Thread