Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
aNc.LeGioN

Default X-Fi Prelude 7.1 and Ventrilo [Reference thread]

Hi guys, i bought this fantastic card 1 month ago but i've a problem:

PTT/VoiceActivation on Ventrilo, and TeamSpeak too, works perfectly for awhile. At random times (when i've an application like videogames, guildwars, wow, cod4 etc) I notice that the key used for PTT or the voice activation stops working. The only way to get it to work again is to reload Ventrilo or enter setup and use the "test" for the microphone

Message from another user: when I go into a vent server everything works great my mic is fine, hotkey is fine. After a random interval of time either playing or browsing the net I'll push my hotkey button and just like that, nothing works. It appears that it messes my mic up in every program because it no longer works in CS:S either.

- Last Prelude drivers installed.
- I have the latest updated executable of Ventrilo/TS.
- Using different PTT keys does not make a difference (while using PTT).
- No Onboard Sound drivers installed, and disabled in BIOS.
- Changing Process Priority does not fix the problem.
- Disable DirectSound under Vista does not fix the problem.
- Disable Direct Input does does not fix the problem.
- Changing the Direct Sound Buffer size does not fix the problem.
- Run the program with Administrator rights does not fitx the problem.
- Run the program as Windows Xp Sp2 does not fix the problem.
- Disable UserAccountControl does not fix the problem.
- No Error on logs

I contacted some other peoples with x-fi prelude and they have the same problem... under Windows xp 32bit too so it's not about vista64

All the X-Fi Prelude users post here and share ur problem about this, write wich drivers are you using and others usefull infos and,of course, if u found a solution...

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

PS: i've an opened ticket on the auzentech site but nobody answers...

My pc:

q6600@3.6
Asus Maximus Formula
X-fi Prelude
4gb ram teamgroup xtreem 800mhz
Vista64 Ultimate

Last edited by aNc.LeGioN; 01-03-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
Flagship
Administrator

Sounds to me like the sound card stops sending data to the Ventrilo client.

You might create a bind key in the client binds editor to "reset the sound input device". This way you can at least force the sound input device to reset instead of existing the game and clicking on setup (which would accomplish the same thing).
Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
aNc.LeGioN

- I did notice that one of the "Commands" you can bind to a key in Ventrilo is "reset input device". Perhaps if you were to bind a key to that, and this happened, you could press that key, and maybe it will reset the input, without exiting/reconnecting ventrilo.

dont works

maybe it's not a Ventrilo problem but if a lot of people posts here i can contact auzentech once again and show them this thread
Old 01-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
AngelFire

I too have the problem. My problem is both on VT and TS. After some idle time mic stops working or if I launch BF2142 mic stops working in ts and vt.

My specs are:

Q6600
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
4 GB DDR2 800 Corssair
X-fi prelude 7.1
XP64 bit (same problem on vista ultimate 64 bit)

Like 14 days ago I bought my GA-X38-DQ6, where my problem occured, before I had an asus striker extreem, where everything worked fine. So the question is if it's related to the sound drivers.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
AngelFire

Seems like I have located my problem. If I connect my headset dirrectly to the soundcard no problem. But if I connect it to my speakers control box then the problem occur, then the mic stop working after some time.

My speakers are logitech G51, so must be a driver issue vs my soundcard somehow.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
harryhondo

Default Same problem with Logitech G51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFire View Post
Seems like I have located my problem. If I connect my headset dirrectly to the soundcard no problem. But if I connect it to my speakers control box then the problem occur, then the mic stop working after some time.

My speakers are logitech G51, so must be a driver issue vs my soundcard somehow.
Did you ever figure out how to fix this? Also, when I connect my headset to the control box I can hear game sounds just fine, but no ventrilo voices. What is really weird is that I can hear all the sounds vent makes though. Something blocks the voices from getting to my headset through the G51 control box! Any ideas?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
AngelFire

Well I haven't tried after RC5 or after I edited my boot.ini. So far it seems to work, just as long I don't mute my mic in vt or ts for a period. But I can try tomorrow and see if the problem comes back when I connect my headset to the contolbox. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #8
AngelFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhondo View Post
Did you ever figure out how to fix this? Also, when I connect my headset to the control box I can hear game sounds just fine, but no ventrilo voices. What is really weird is that I can hear all the sounds vent makes though. Something blocks the voices from getting to my headset through the G51 control box! Any ideas?
I can tell you this much it's not your speakers or controlbox, but a driver issue with X-Fi Prelude 7.1. I have now been running 2 days with my old creative x-fi fatality xtreem gamer and everything works as it should. Can run ts, vt, bf2142 at the same time, mic still works and besides that the mic is also louder on the one from creative.

The only reason for buying X-Fi Prelude 7.1 was because I had crackling on nforce680i with the one from creative when I was on vista, but anyway I'm not on nforce anymore but x38, so I'll probally put my X-Fi Prelude 7.1 in my multimedia station instead and keep my creative x-fi in my gamer pc, where a working mic is a must.

My setup is the same as before, the only changes is my soundcard and sound drivers has been replaced with creatives.

anyway just wanted you guys to know.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
aNc.LeGioN

so maybe it's a x38 chipset related issues with x-fi prelude 7.1

@angelfire: are you sure that connect the mic directly to the sound card will fix the problem? seems really strange

EDIT: this is a post from a wow player on the official blizzard forum:

know this is not the responsibility of Blizzard to help fix, but I would greatly appreciate help getting VOIP to work. This is a problem that I have with Ventrilo as well, so it's not a problem with WoW itself. Here's my problem:

When I originally got my computer, I had a similar problem. Ventrilo would not work with a game like World of Warcraft open. I quickly fixed this as it is a well known issue with Vista requiring admin privs to background programs. By giving both WoW and Ventrilo Admin Privs, it fixed this problem.

However, I recently installed the new Auzentech Prelude. I've had no problems with it besides one. After about 3 minutes of starting up Ventrilo or the in game VOIP, my mic stops working. Now, at first I thought it was a matter of (in Ventrilo's case) the PTT key not working since it would simply not function. However, in WoWs case, I even go to the VOIP window after my microphone has stopped working and try testing it (the test that worked a minute before) and it no longer works. The PTT key gives the noise, but the in game sound isn't lowered and nobody hears me.

I can fix this by for Ventrilo clicking setup and closing that window or reloading it...anything that makes it reaquire the microphone. With WoW, I haven't really experimented, but reloading the game seems to work.

So is there any hope for me? Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I was originally using on-board sound ( Realtek HD Audio included with Gigabyte p35-DS3R )

so well... this guy have a P35 chipset so it's not x38 related but maybe it's about intel-auzentech cuz with ur asus strikers (nvidia chipset) u said that everything were ok...

Last edited by aNc.LeGioN; 01-04-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
AngelFire

yeah I sure am. Before I couldn't join BF2142 without the mic stoped working in ts and vt, but works fine now in vt, ts and BF2142 at the same time. Also I have been on ts and vt, the whole day long, where I before had to shut vt and ts down to get the mic working again like every 10-15 mins. I got my soundcard a bit before speakers and mortherboard. So maybe that's the reason for working on my striker extreem, since that was with other speakers and a plantronich switchbox.

Before I had to shut BF2142 down and shut both vt and ts down to get sound in those again. When I did join BF2142 again, the problem again occured in vt and ts.

Last edited by AngelFire; 01-04-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Closed Thread