Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 12-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Rizzler

Default MSG: Syncronizing

Hey there.

like many others i have the problem with MSG: Syncronizing when i try to connect to ventrilo. i have opened the ports 5000/6100 & my server port 16084 in TCP and UDP and also added them in the "TURNED OF" windows firewall setting. i use windows XP SP2

http://www.filefrog.net/show.php/1888_ports.JPG

i dont use any kind of firewall, not even in my router wich is a Zyxel P-320W and the only antivirus program i use is NOD32, yet i get this problem and i wonder why?

Also... if i go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Ventrilo and delete that folder, then reinstall ventrilo i get onto my server until i dissconnect from it, then i get the MSG: Syncronizing problem again, then when i again delete the folder and reinstall it works once...

what a hell is this?

also, ports 6100 & 5000 & server port should not need to be portforwarded in my router right? i did that without luck but should i even need to do that ?

Last edited by Rizzler; 12-04-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Rizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Nesta

Hi

The picture you have - how do you get there? I just wished I could see the top

I have the same problem and I am getting annoyd by it. I never had any trouble with the 2.X.X versions.
Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Nesta

Finally I got it. I only port forwarded the one that we used, not the needed port 6100, which helped.
Nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Luke2142

Angry

I dont know if it's the ports that are the problem. My vent used to work fine, even with the new version, and then it started giving me this same message. I haven't changed any settings, or installed anything recently. It just randomly started doing this. I though it might sync if I left it alone, but I left it for a night and it staying at "Synchronizing"

Whats the problem here
Luke2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
Rizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2142 View Post

Whats the problem here
i wonder the same.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
some2

i too have that problem... the weard thing is that, it workde just fine, untill 1 day, and it started.... i don't know what to do....
some2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Rizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by some2 View Post
i too have that problem... the weard thing is that, it workde just fine, untill 1 day, and it started.... i don't know what to do....

i hope for a solution soon.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
warlock_ba

well, i don't really know how ventrillo is working, but ports are not the issue:
1.was stuck on synchronizing: uninstalled firewall, and everything, and even on router stopped it (still syncing); changed my LAN ip to some other one that I had, and it started to work; then I did step 2:
2.did complete lockdown on PC firewall, then behind a router with no forwarding, and router in lockdown mode aswell (that means all inbound connections are rejected) - i checked in my firewall logs that those packets were killed - and yes they were, and ventrillo was still working and connecting nicely.

From that above, I can pretty much guess that vent is only sending?!? on those ports? Or does fallback TCP/IP if UDP fails? No clue tho ... but all in all, ports should not be the "synchronizing" issue generator ...
warlock_ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Nyliz

I think we've past the point where you can point at the Requirements sticky and then say enable the port. Because it's been happening to me loads, and quite randomly, it's very annoying. Can you get out a real fix? Or at least bring something back from 2.3?
Nyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #10
Rizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyliz View Post
I think we've past the point where you can point at the Requirements sticky and then say enable the port. Because it's been happening to me loads, and quite randomly, it's very annoying. Can you get out a real fix? Or at least bring something back from 2.3?

i just solved my problem... it was not a firewall nor a port issue... my Zyxel router had a Filter enabled on it for DDOS attacks etc. after getting told to turn that of by my support vent worked perfectly. check your on router for this kind of filter.