Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Feebb

Default PTT with Vista

Has anyone found a fix/workaround yet for the PTT key not working unless the Ventrilo window has focus with Windows Vista?
I'm running EQ2 and I can't talk unless the Vent window is open on the sesktop, which means I have to run EQ2 in a window.
Thanks,
Feebb
Old 09-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
Crombie

having the same issue here. I can not talk in vent at all with EQ2 running on vista unless vent window has focus. All other games apps I have tried I am not having the issue. So only with EQ2
Old 09-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Feebb

Solution Found...
Right click on your Ventrilo shortcut and choose "properties". Open the "compatibility" tab and hear the bottom check "run the program as an administrator". Click "apply" and "ok" and you're done.

Last edited by mjgraf; 07-16-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
mjgraf

very interesting it required that setting.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #5
NashTax

Nice find
Old 10-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
stmckin

Vista RC2 is out as of yesterday and PTT / Ventrilo works without modification.

Previously, key / button presses were restricted to the focused application unless it was administrative, at least with Ventrilo that is fixed now
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
Mr_Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmckin
Vista RC2 is out as of yesterday and PTT / Ventrilo works without modification.

Previously, key / button presses were restricted to the focused application unless it was administrative, at least with Ventrilo that is fixed now
blarg still not with me ><

I cant even get it to work, it's as if it wasnt recognizing my mic. My green light never flashes, ive tried multiple hotkeys, none work. And when I go to monitor or test nothing happens. (as in NOTHING. Not even 0 or anything)

EDIT: Actually I've searched a bit and apparently we need soundcard drivers installed.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
urzathegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Butter View Post
blarg still not with me ><

I cant even get it to work, it's as if it wasnt recognizing my mic. My green light never flashes, ive tried multiple hotkeys, none work. And when I go to monitor or test nothing happens. (as in NOTHING. Not even 0 or anything)

EDIT: Actually I've searched a bit and apparently we need soundcard drivers installed.
I am having same issues with my PTT key.. I've also tried multiple keys and nothing is working.

I am also running Windows Vista. It's curious because I had it working perfectly fine for a couple months now and all of a sudden its refusing to cooperate with me.. anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
thadigitaldj

Are you all using a common key as the PTT button? Does this button already have a function assigned to it in Windows or the game you are playing?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #10
phobes

I believe part of the problem is, Windows Vista has per-application volume control. From what I've seen, Ventrilo tries to change the volume for the entire system, which Vista doesn't like very much.

Running Ventrilo as an Administrator, while disabling the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device," (Under the sound configuration for my Microphone) seems to work, for the most part.

When I start my system up, the mic volume level is max. As soon as I start Ventrilo, it lowers my Microphone's volume to 0%. After setting the mic volume back to 100%, if I open Setup for Ventrilo, it brings it back down to 0%.

I've had no issues regarding PTT or Sensitivity. I think the issue is with the volume management.

Edit: I've tested this with 2.3.0 and 2.3.2 Beta 2 with the same exact results. Running Vista RC1 Build 5600.

Last edited by phobes; 01-19-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread