View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
mawclaw

I also am having this issue.....HI recently purchased a new computer with windows 7. I have disabled everything I can think of that could get in the way of connecting (firewall, antivirus) also completely deleting and re-downloading and installing the program again. After I have put all the server info in...all I get is this in the window before clicking connect " ? MSG: contacting server" And just for fun I click connect anyway and status does not change.... So....Here is what I found in the log file...

2010-08-11 17:26:09 Unable to open system registry key to read data.
2010-08-11 17:27:15 CEvtText::Read, Unable to open file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\Ventrilo\default.vet
2010-08-11 17:27:15 Creating the default VET file 'C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\Ventrilo\default.ve t'

However, the date and time stamps have not changed even after I "thought" I uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded etc. I am running windows 7 64bit so would very much appreciate some assistance in this matter. Again I have quadruple checked the server info and I can connect using another computer but this one....
mawclaw is offline   Reply With Quote