View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
decayedbrain

Unhappy Ventrilo and World of Warcraft - Avast Users Please Read

I recently bought a new computer, a Dell Inspiron 530, to replace my old, outdated, crappy eMachines T3065. On that computer, I could manage to play WoW and run an AIM voice chat session with a friend at the same time, with no problem excluding worries that my computer would crash. Now, on this much better computer, AIM breaks up and lags while we're both on WoW, and, after trying Vent, it also lags like there's no tomorrow. I know it's not my internet connection, because my browser is speedy. The ports are set up to allow WoW through my firewalls; the router is set up to run Ventrilo and WoW. Ventrilo usually works for a little while, while both of us are playing WoW, then it will begin to mess up. I've tried different audio codecs in Vent, and those have not worked at all. If I'm on by myself, it works fine, even when one of those two programs are running. Any suggestions? My current sound cards are an ATI HD Audio Rear Output version 5.0 and RealTek HD Audio Output version 5.10. I think those are my sound cards/controllers; I've searched my computer and for some reason it tells me I have multiple audio devices.