View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Titanius

Question Major Issue: Ventrilo freezes PC (~30seconds at a time, mouse not frozen)

Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop (Windows Vista) and it hangs be working wonderfully. The only problem I have run into so far is with Ventrilo.

When I open Ventrilo all is well until I either connect, go into settings, or try to exit. Each of the three cause everything on my laptop to stop working (besides the mouse though I can't click) for about twenty to thirty seconds.

If I connect I can here everyone just fine but if I try to goto setup to customize it so I can actually use it it does the lockup again. I tried the hold down Ctrl to disable mixers and it still froze for the 20-30 seconds and then the popup saying mixers are disabled showed.

Edit: It only freezes on close if you close while connected, but still freezes on setup on both connected and not connected.
I have looked around quite a bit and have tried changing sound options, updating drivers, uninstalling codecs that might have interfered but nothing has helped.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Titanius

Last edited by Titanius; 03-01-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Adding info.