Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Macintosh Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mac Os X Lion without Rosetta (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=47550)

ant-1 07-05-2011 07:18 PM

Mac Os X Lion without Rosetta

Hi all,

I'm a satisfied Mac User of Ventrilo (server and client). I'm wondering... next Mac OS X (Lion, 10.7) is just around the corner, how are we gonna be able to use the client, since Lion removes Rosetta?

Thanks in advance

Prog-Rocker 07-06-2011 02:16 AM

i have 2 intel-based macs and neither have rosetta installed. i'm running vent on 10.4, 5, 6 and 7beta without any problems.

ant-1 07-06-2011 09:13 AM

Great to know!

I missed the time when Vent moved to PPC to universal binaries I suppose :)

Cheers

BobTheBeast 07-09-2011 07:23 PM

I am running Mac OS X on one of my machines and I can say the Server doesn't work at all. Unless Ventrilo updates the Mac server that will be the case. The client on the other hand works perfectly with no update. I really hope they update or I will have to switch to Team Speak which I'd definitely rather not do. Here's to hoping.

zaveria 07-20-2011 11:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I just installed Lion OSX 10.7 and my ventrilo has stopped working. it is version 3.0.9 (universal) - It keeps saying that "You cannot open applications that require PowerPC" - I deleted the entire application and then reinstalled it.

Anyone have suggestions? - or have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

- Zaveria

Jaycyn 07-21-2011 12:03 PM

I have installed Ventrilo on Macs that have been upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7 as well as ones that have 10.7 out of the box.

It's working in all situations so the issue you are experiencing must have something to do with an older version being installed or possibly corrupted preferences.

Please Trash Ventrilo from your applications folder and also go to

Macintosh HD->Library->Preferences

and trash the Ventrilo folder.

Then download and reinstall Ventrilo. Once it's working you will need to set up your Vent server information and any preferences.

zaveria 07-21-2011 01:18 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much jaycyn, I followed your steps and it worked perfectly.

Running a permission fix picked up an error.

Much appreciated.

ravinac 07-25-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaycyn (Post 164251)
I have installed Ventrilo on Macs that have been upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7 as well as ones that have 10.7 out of the box.

It's working in all situations so the issue you are experiencing must have something to do with an older version being installed or possibly corrupted preferences.

Please Trash Ventrilo from your applications folder and also go to

Macintosh HD->Library->Preferences

and trash the Ventrilo folder.

Then download and reinstall Ventrilo. Once it's working you will need to set up your Vent server information and any preferences.

i've tried what you said to do several times and it still wont work for me