Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Error: HR=DSERR_NODRIVER (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=43570)

Logout 06-06-2010 10:33 AM

Error: HR=DSERR_NODRIVER

Hey everyone, when i connect to the vent i need i get this error:

Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use

i have turned on the push to talk and play key clicks with an easy key to press. But i still cant use my voicekey. What do i need to do to make it work?:confused:

Prog-Rocker 06-06-2010 10:56 AM

first:

Testing the Microphone with Windows
(the microphone must work here before it will work with any voice-comm program)

Windows XP
Control-Panel / Sounds and Audio / Voice Tab / Test Hardware Button

Windows Vista/Windows 7
Programs / Accessories / Sound Recorder / create a recording then save it
Windows Media Player (WMP) / playback recording

then check for this:

http://ventrilo.com/forums/showpost....62&postcount=6

Logout 06-06-2010 11:35 AM

VoiceCommMixerStart: Invalid voice mux selection. (-1)

Thats the error i have now, and i dont know how to get rid of it :(

Prog-Rocker 06-06-2010 11:59 AM

in vent setup, set the hardware mixer = none

WTarrasque 11-10-2012 09:06 PM

Hi! I have found this problem occurs when you do not have a Mic plugged into any microphone port before starting Ventrilo. Specifically, this is for computers with plug detection.

If there is no mic plugged in, there is no default device selected by Windows 7.

Solution: Plug your microphone in before starting Ventrilo client.

I realize this issue is over 2 years old, but it shows up high on searches for this error. Hope this helps people!

InTime 12-17-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTarrasque (Post 195081)
Hi! I have found this problem occurs when you do not have a Mic plugged into any microphone port before starting Ventrilo. Specifically, this is for computers with plug detection.

If there is no mic plugged in, there is no default device selected by Windows 7.

Solution: Plug your microphone in before https://skinnyexpress.com/phen375-review starting phen375 and Ventrilo client.

I realize this issue is over 2 years old, but it shows up high on searches for this error. Hope this helps people!

Strange as I'm getting this error now on Windows 10. I tried plugging in mic before turning on Ventrilo but it didn't work.

Prog-Rocker 12-17-2015 06:30 PM

@ intime

does your pc have a second mic input jack?

have you tried testing the mic in windows yet?

Windows 8 / 10
Windows Control-Panel / Hardware and Sound / Sound - Manage audio devices / Recording tab
Select the current Midrophone device / Set as Default / Properties / check the levels in 'Levels' tab / check the effects in the 'Enhancements' tab
Goto 'Listen' tab / select the proper 'Playback' device / click the 'Listen to this device' box and click 'Apply'
Speak into the mic and listen for playback / check the Levels and Enhancements again to adjust the sound
When setup is complete, un-check the 'Listen to this device' box and click Apply
-------------

can you post the following plz:

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Click the 'Save All' button
File is saved to the desktop as "DxDiag.txt"
Copy/paste the information (up to, and including, the [PS/2 Devices] section) to the forum. The information might

LedaBunny 12-24-2016 10:56 AM

Thats the error i have now, and i dont know how to get rid of it

mario1233bott 10-30-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker (Post 4218233)
@ intime

Windows 8 / 10
Windows Control-Panel / Hardware and Sound / Sound - Manage audio devices / Recording tab
Select the current Microphone device / Set as Default / Properties / check the levels in 'Levels' tab / check the effects in the 'Enhancements' tab
Goto 'Listen' tab / select the proper 'Playback' device / click the 'Listen to this device' box and click 'Apply'
Speak into the mic and listen to phen375 customer video reviews playback / check the Levels and Enhancements again to adjust the sound
When setup is complete, un-check the 'Listen to this device' box and click Apply
-------------

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Copy/paste the information (up to, and including, the [PS/2 Devices] section) to the forum. The information might

I faced the same problem and your suggestion helped solved it. Thanks.

ian231 11-02-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker (Post 4218233)
@ intime

Windows 8 / 10
Select the current Midrophone device / Set as Default / Properties / check the levels in 'Levels' tab / check the effects in the 'Enhancements' tab
Speak into the mic and listen for playback / check the Levels and Enhancements again to adjust the sound
-------------

DXDIAG

Start > Run
Dxdiag

Solution: Plug your microphone in before starting Ventrilo client.