Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Macintosh Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can't download Vent on Mac (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=3680700)

want65 06-07-2014 09:17 AM

Can't download Vent on Mac

I am using a MacBook Air (mid june3013). Have been using vent for a while now and no problem. On thursday it would not let me connect, just kept running a loop. I then deleted Vent hoping to reload it. I click on I Agree on vent site for Mac client and it comes back to original same page to dload. I have flushed dns etc. and tried all but have failed. Can someone pls email me the .pkg (NON expanded file ), so I can then dload it on my Mac. Thanks.

Prog-Rocker 06-07-2014 09:39 AM

have you tried temp disabling all firewall/virus apps and popup blockers?

want65 06-09-2014 08:32 AM

Yes I have blocked my fire wall and deleted sophos on my mac.

Prog-Rocker 06-09-2014 10:27 AM

goto system-prefs > sec&priv > allow apps downloaded from - anywhere

(clik the lock to allow changes)

want65 06-09-2014 01:23 PM

I have click on allow dload from anywhere... Still loops back to same dload site after i click I Agree....:(

want65 06-09-2014 02:03 PM

Managed finally. I had not deleted Sophos fully from preferences etc. Thx for your help. :)

want65 06-10-2014 06:33 AM

I finally managed to dload and install vent and was able to use it. I then reloaded sophos antivirus and have turned all options off on pref under sophos, but now am getting the same loop when i click connect.
Where I click connect it just does a timer form 10,9,8,7 etc. and runs that loop. On left on main window it says server found. Any ideas?

Prog-Rocker 06-10-2014 08:46 AM

in the sofos config, can you add any exceptions for either ventrilo.exe or the server hostname(ipaddress) and port# ?

I'll check online for docs on sophos

which exact sophos product is installed?

want65 06-10-2014 02:16 PM

What I have also discovered is that I have changed ISP/router recently, and I only get that loop on Connect with new router / Isp.
When I change back to old isp/router, I at least can connect. Problem is that the speed on old router is not fast enough for warcraft game. Vent seems to remember old IP address of old router. How do I change that. I have deleted my user and relogged etc. Have deleted vent pref files and still I get loop on Connect with new isp/router.

want65 06-10-2014 02:21 PM

What I have also discovered is that I have changed ISP/router recently, and I only get that loop on Connect with new router / Isp.
When I change back to old isp/router, I at least can connect. Problem is that the speed on old router is not fast enough for warcraft game. Vent seems to remember old IP address of old router. How do I change that. I have deleted my user and relogged etc. Have deleted vent pref files and still I get loop on Connect with new isp/router.