Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voice Fades (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=26300)

lemiwink 01-26-2008 04:31 AM

Voice Fades

Been having this problem both in 3.0.0 and in the version right before this, my voice fades over time. roughly 15 sec of talking uninturrupted will fade me to nothing, and so will talking in spurts releasing the PTT button now and then. The only thing that keeps my voice audible is if another person chimes in and coughs, or talks, or taps their mic etc. i have tryed every combination of vent settings i can think of and i have had this problem with 3 different microphones.

Realtek Soundcard, alc883 codec, not sure what other info i can provide
The card is a motherboard built in and is set up for HD audio if that makes a difference

manbencen 01-26-2008 11:08 AM

Re: Voice Fades

I've got the same issue when playing City of Heroes/Villains. Voice is fine for a few seconds and then fades. Other users have said it sounds like I'm talking while falling down a hole. I've got Windows Vista Home Professional and Realtek HD Audio. I can hear fine, but fade out over a few seconds to others. I'd love a solution to this one. :)

manbencen 01-26-2008 11:10 AM

Forgot to mention that I use headphones to hear audio, so no speaker feedback when talking.

lemiwink 01-26-2008 05:11 PM

same, headphones, windows XP though, and i play wow, though i fade with the game open or closed, ironically ive been told im falling down a hole too

manbencen 01-28-2008 10:42 AM

Seems like this isn't a major problem for people, but I have noticed a few people on here with same problem. It's really becoming a distraction for those I play online with. Is there any other info or anything else I can provide for anyone for some suggestions?

Prog-Rocker 01-28-2008 03:33 PM

are there any error messages in the vent log file?

rt-clik / view / log file / scroll to bottom

manbencen 01-29-2008 08:35 AM

These were the only error messages I'm getting. I also did a speed check for download, upload, and VoIP and all came out at the T1 level. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, in case I've forgotten to mention that. Also have Realtek HD Audio and can try to provide screen shots if necessary. Thanks. =)

2007-08-24 22:56:42 Unable to open system registry key to read data.
2007-08-24 22:57:39 CEvtText::Read, Unable to open file C:\Users\Compaq_Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Vent rilo\default.vet
2007-08-24 22:57:39 Creating the default VET file 'C:\Users\Compaq_Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Ven trilo\default.vet'

Prog-Rocker 01-29-2008 10:51 AM

first - configure your soundcard down to just a basic 2-channel stereo setting.
disable any/all sound effects.
plug mic into the read mic jack.
check your mobo's website for any chipset/soundcard updates
if your realtek has this: set it to 'separate all input jacks as independent devices'

Soymeatz 01-29-2008 03:00 PM

This happened to me for a while, I found that I had Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation enabled for my Mic in sound settings, disabling them completely fixed it for me.

mjgraf 01-30-2008 07:56 PM

stickied as Soymeatz may have the solution.