Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Logitech G5 + left scroll button (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=18569)

Intermission 03-15-2007 07:35 AM

Logitech G5 + left scroll button

I have just installed a new OS (new computer, Vista) and I am trying to get my left scroll hotkey working like I did on my old computer.

I remember in SetPoint (Logitech mouse app) I used to make the Left Scroll button into the middle button. That way I can use the left tilt button, which is easier to press than middle button downward, to emulate a regular middle button. Open new tabs in firefox/IE, scroll down pages etc.

It also meant that making this left tilt button my Ventrilo hotkey was as simple as clicking it in the hotkey box. It registered as clicking the middle button when in reality I tilted the button left.

Now however, I cant get this to work. Could anyone shed some light on this please? Does anyone else use the G5 mouse and use the left tilt button as their hotkey?

Thanks.

mjgraf 03-15-2007 05:31 PM

did you enable directinput for the hotkey?

Intermission 03-15-2007 11:10 PM

Yes.

Figured out the problem. I had to run the Logitech SetPoint and Ventrilo both has administrator.

working now :)

Joppie 05-04-2007 09:48 AM

Still doesn't work for me

Still doesn't work for me, tried what u did but nothing different happens.

Got some tips?

brandon_ 05-07-2007 01:40 AM

you need to set your button in "set point" as a generic button.

SHAKALL 07-22-2007 10:17 PM

I have the same problem with my G 5, but I am using the "backward" lateral button.
Las time I installed Vent, it was recognized as "MOUSE 4". After a reformat of the comp, the "mouse 4" is not recognized anymore.

What do you mean by using Vent and Setpoint as an administrator?
What do I have to do when setting the button as a generic one. I tried and nothing was changed.

Thx for any answer.

mjgraf 07-23-2007 12:52 PM

in the Logitech software
set button 4 to Generic Button

in ventrilo
enable directinput for the hotkey and select your mouse button

CynicalCS84 07-27-2007 09:46 PM

I have a Logitech mx310 and I'm having the same troubles.

I set my push-to-talk as the back button aka mouse button 4. I'm able to set it and it works fine but only if the ventrilo window is in focus! Once I go in game, or even click on any other application like firefox, it doesn't work anymore.

It only does it with this mouse button. If I set it to a button on the keyboard and go in game it still works fine. Please help.

Edit: In the logitech "mouseware" I can set the button to "unassigned" and I also check the "use direct input" box in vent.

mjgraf 07-28-2007 12:35 AM

set the button to generic
check directinput for hotkey.

Xcallibure 08-02-2007 04:15 PM

I use the Logitech G5 Battlefield mouse.

Is there any way to use the extra button on the left near your thumb as a push to talk hotkey for Ventrilo and disable the "back" function in web browsers?