Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PTT with Vista (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=14980)

Feebb 09-07-2006 05:03 PM

PTT with Vista

Has anyone found a fix/workaround yet for the PTT key not working unless the Ventrilo window has focus with Windows Vista?
I'm running EQ2 and I can't talk unless the Vent window is open on the sesktop, which means I have to run EQ2 in a window.
Thanks,
Feebb

Crombie 09-07-2006 06:51 PM

having the same issue here. I can not talk in vent at all with EQ2 running on vista unless vent window has focus. All other games apps I have tried I am not having the issue. So only with EQ2

Feebb 09-12-2006 03:02 PM

Solution Found...
Right click on your Ventrilo shortcut and choose "properties". Open the "compatibility" tab and hear the bottom check "run the program as an administrator". Click "apply" and "ok" and you're done.

mjgraf 09-12-2006 03:33 PM

very interesting it required that setting.

NashTax 09-23-2006 06:22 AM

Nice find

stmckin 10-07-2006 03:21 PM

Vista RC2 is out as of yesterday and PTT / Ventrilo works without modification.

Previously, key / button presses were restricted to the focused application unless it was administrative, at least with Ventrilo that is fixed now

Mr_Butter 10-09-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmckin
Vista RC2 is out as of yesterday and PTT / Ventrilo works without modification.

Previously, key / button presses were restricted to the focused application unless it was administrative, at least with Ventrilo that is fixed now

blarg still not with me ><

I cant even get it to work, it's as if it wasnt recognizing my mic. My green light never flashes, ive tried multiple hotkeys, none work. And when I go to monitor or test nothing happens. (as in NOTHING. Not even 0 or anything)

EDIT: Actually I've searched a bit and apparently we need soundcard drivers installed.

urzathegreat 12-21-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Butter (Post 58769)
blarg still not with me ><

I cant even get it to work, it's as if it wasnt recognizing my mic. My green light never flashes, ive tried multiple hotkeys, none work. And when I go to monitor or test nothing happens. (as in NOTHING. Not even 0 or anything)

EDIT: Actually I've searched a bit and apparently we need soundcard drivers installed.

I am having same issues with my PTT key.. I've also tried multiple keys and nothing is working.

I am also running Windows Vista. It's curious because I had it working perfectly fine for a couple months now and all of a sudden its refusing to cooperate with me.. anyone have any ideas?

thadigitaldj 01-01-2007 01:29 AM

Are you all using a common key as the PTT button? Does this button already have a function assigned to it in Windows or the game you are playing?