Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creative Labs X-Fi (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=10857)

CyberKiL 01-28-2006 12:47 PM

Flagship, have you come up with any fixes?

[TG]SkullShot 01-30-2006 06:24 PM

If anyone is getting an electronic tone that occurs when starting up Ventrilo, I had the problem, submitted a problem report to Creative. A few days later they released a driver that fixed the problem.

AMD X2 4400+
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
WinXP Pro
GSM 6.10
Ventrilo 2.3.0
2GB 2-2-2-5-T1 PC3200

As for the "Sound input device has been closed" error... that's been a real deal with Battlefield. It's due to Ventrilo and Battlefield overflowing the sound card with information. Usually it comes right after a slight computer lockup as too many resources are being used. Temporary fix: Sent ventrilo.exe to a higher priority (Priority high worked fine for me). Permanent fix: Figure out why your computer is locking up and/or too slow to handle this (it shouldn't be a problem). Viruses, spyware, etc. Also, ensure BF2's running on Hardware rendering (or preferably X-Fi rendering, since this card supports it). I have no problems. I've had them in the past, but everything wasn't Ventrilo's fault, it's been something else causing trouble.

sparadise 01-31-2006 09:47 AM

X=Fi Problem with Ventrillo

Asus A8N5X
Mushkin 1GB Ram
Ati X850XT PE
Windows XP Pro

Vntrilo will quit working and my login will remain in the chat box. I then can't disconnect and I can connect again. I will end up with 2 or 3 identical logins on the screen and none of them will work. Steve P

mjgraf 01-31-2006 10:01 AM

This is more of a networking issue, than a sound card issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparadise
Asus A8N5X
Mushkin 1GB Ram
Ati X850XT PE
Windows XP Pro

Vntrilo will quit working and my login will remain in the chat box. I then can't disconnect and I can connect again. I will end up with 2 or 3 identical logins on the screen and none of them will work. Steve P

diffusedhavoc 02-06-2006 11:16 AM

I am having a similar issue. It gives me the error message of the sound input device closed blah, blah only when i close BF2. However, i think this maybe what is causing my connection lost to server issues. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to set my ventrilo priority to high and if there is any other fixes at the moment for this issue concerning the ventrilo connection lost.

CyberKiL 02-12-2006 12:34 AM

So, I'm still having the exact same problems. I can't transmit when BF2 is running. It's like my transmit volume has decreased so low I have to yell into the microphone for my mic to transmit while bf2 is running.

While BF2 isnt running, My ventrilo is perfect. I disabled bf2 voip. It must be something the X-FI is switching when going into gaming mode.

sirmick 02-13-2006 11:04 AM

Quick Fix for BF2

Ok guys. i have the same thing with Battlefield 2 and i found out how to Fix it Temp only!

I was gettin the same kind of things in BF2 and was really doing my head in. I found out that it happens when you load into the server as the game loads your pixel shaders and other rendering software needed to run the game. Now al i do to fix this is wait untill i load into the server and then i just Alt+Tabb out of game and rest my ventrilo options.

Heres how to do this:

1)Once loaded into game. Press and hold ALT then press TAB.

2)On ventrilo press "Setup"

3)Once in setup just press the "Ok" button

4)Alt+Tab back into your game and your audio will be fine untill you disconect from the server.

Like i said it only happens when loading into a server. So remember once you change server or restart your game you will have to repeat this again.

I nkow its a pain but atleast its a quick fix for you so you wont have to miss out all together.

Here are my computer specs:

Computer Brand: Custom
CPU Speed/Type:
AMD 64 X2 4800+
RAM:
(x2) 1gb OCZ
Video Card:
(x2) Nvidia 7800GTX XFX 256MB
Sound Card:
X-Fi-Elite Pro
Monitor:
19 Inch LCD
Mouse:
Intel Mouse 2.0
Mouse Mat:
ICEMAT 2nd Edition
Accessories:
ICEMAT Siberia Headset , Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Flashlight and a few frags

http://www.logic-clan.co.uk/roster.php?roster_id=8

I think Flagship should make a update patch for ventrilo addressing all these in game problems.

Hope this help,

Mick

Merkabah 02-14-2006 12:54 AM

bf2 lag out of game servers and vent

MOBO: ASUS SK8V
MEMORY: 2GB CORSAIR XMS low latency
VIDEO: ATI RADEON X800 XT
SOUND: X-fi elite pro
ISP: BRIGHTHOUSE/ROADRUNNER
At first I had thought I was getting lag from a virus but I formatted and my computer is completely clean, then I suspected my router, replaced that. I have narrowed it down to either a problem with vent, BF2, my X-fi sound card, or my ISP. I only started having problems with vent and bf2 together when I got my x-fi. I have tried every setting configuration imaginable. I lag out usually after about 10 minutes in a game and only when I am running vent. The reason I am not sure if it is my isp is because they have been having trouble in my area. I'm gonna get a new modem from them tomorrow and I'll post back.

Merkabah 02-16-2006 08:22 PM

fixed

Either the bf2 1.2 patch or my new modem fixed my problem. Thanx for listening anyways

Flux101 02-24-2006 10:18 AM

Here's the problem I'm having an it may be what others are explaining above.

Bring up Start --> Control Panel --> Sounds And Audio Devices --> Advanced --> Options --> Properties --> select the Recording option and make sure Mic is checked. You're MIC should have a check in the Select box.

Now the problem I get is whenever I open Vent it unchecks. I recheck it and I can transmit. Now if I go into Vent's setup, it unchecks it again. I can manually recheck it and setup my mic. When I close Vent's setup it again unchecks it and I have to recheck it.

Windows XP Pro
P4 2.8 Ghz
Gigabyte 8INXP Mobo
ASUS 6800 Gamer Edition
SB X-Fi Fatal1ty (not using front I/O panel yet)